Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

1998 GS400

yeah, so i walked by the front of my car just hours ago... and noticed a nice wire sticking out from the bumper. i bent over to look what the hell it was and then... i noticed my fog lights were gone!

so, instead of replacing them immediately... i'm asking is there anyway to prevent this from happening again? if i replace them, some one or the same person might take them again!

can we make these... "unstealable" or can i get like a cover to take the place of my missing fog lights? i dont' even the use fog lights... but it looks ugly without them being there.

i doubt it is another lexus GS owner who wanted some lights... lexus owners aren't THAT poor... i'm sure its just some guy stealing parts to sell for money.

parked in a driveway too... i gotta garage this car NOW.

looks like he just took a screwdriver, took it out nicely (no scratches) and popped it right out... one side the wires and connection is still in tact, but the other side looks like the wire was cut.

new york city is awesome! great people

I need a fog light, but it wasnt me honest !!!

but in all honesty, how the hell did he get them out of the car so easy? I had to remove the wheel liner to get access to the bulb, never mind remove the whole unit !!!

Two screws, unit comes out. Easier than removing the wheel liner!

You could always fit tamperproof screws. RS Components sell System Zero screws (used in SNES consoles and cartridges, amongst other things), the larger ones would hold the fog lights in nicely. The screw heads on these are like the opposite of Torx heads, and don't tend to turn up in common "security" screwdriver bit sets.

Screws

Screwdriver bits

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links