Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dvd V Sat-nav

ARH

:question: Hi - just joined the forum so please bare with me.

I read with interest some conversations – before I had time to register, about the dvd screen on one your sc430’s and I am interested to know what happens to the sat nav while a movie is playing? Is the dvd player a separate unit or does it utilise the sat-nav dvd system? I have two small kids who are happy to sit in the rear seats for short trips and bought a portable dvd player that fits behind the head rest. £199 – bargin. It would be good however if I could utilise its aux output to provide a picture on the sat nave screen. The player is both Ntsc and pal.

Also Does anyone know if the sat-nav system can be updated i.e. for post codes, newer map details etc and what about fitting of a rear view camera etc. Although I aim to replace the car next yea it would be useful to up-date the navigation system.

My only other comment is to the Boxster or Series 3 fans. Why are you posting views on a Lexus site? Is it because for all the discriminatory press, the fact remains that the sc430 still holds a unique position in the market place and that driving a sc430 is more about enjoying an un-paralleled relaxed driving experience. I also look forward to the new cars to come from Lexus but I hope they do not pander to the Audi Loving, Merc slobbering, BMW screaming rubber burners and keep to their individuality of sprit and design.

you cannot make the sat nav unit play a dvd, you have to use a DVD player and hack into the wiring to get the display on the LCD.

You can get update sat nav discs from Lexus - cost around £350. Don't think they have post code function yet.

Thanks, how do I find out about getting these options fitted? Are they self or dealer fit? It’s very much the dvd/digital tv ability that interests me the most. The stereo is already one of the best features of this car. I make my own compilations on cd with iTunes so I can live without mp3. But tell me,- if the screen is say showing tv does this disable the Sat-Nav?

Re the Sat-Nav up-dates.

I would have thought that it was in Lexus’s interest to up-date the systems for free certainly within the warranty period as surly it would help to keep residuals higher. If I decide to go for another Sc I will negotiate hard on this point as its only software on a dvd disc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links