Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 400h Selling?

Since lurking here intermittently for a few months, I've pretty well decided to take the plunge on a 400h.

After being quoted zero discount and Feb/March delivery a few weeks ago, I recently noticed about 10 demos available on the Lexus UK website.

Doing a bit of ringing round, I've been quoted discounts of £500 to £3K on demos and £1 - 2K on new SEL's.

I've also been surprised to be offered a choice of around 8 "cancelled orders" available from stock or by mid December.

What sort of discounts are others acheiving on 400h's ?

Does this imply sales are a bit slow?

Doing a bit of ringing round, I've been quoted discounts of £500 to £3K on demos and £1 - 2K on new SEL's.

I've also been surprised to be offered a choice of around 8 "cancelled orders" available from stock or by mid December.

When I ordered mine last week, I was initially told that the demos (of which there are about 12 or so listed on the Lexus UK website) won't be released until mid December at the earliest. New vehicles had a Feb/March waiting list. The dealer did, however, manage to locate a few vehicles from the reserve stock which hadn't been allocated, gave me my choice of colour and trim. Delivery scheduled for 24 November, but may be sooner since once they arrive in the country and are offloaded from the boat they can start fast-tracking things.

I guess they took the extra steps to find a vehicle sooner once they were made fully aware that I was looking to fork out the dosh NOW... rather than just "shopping around".

Suspense is killing me though!

Leland

When I ordered mine last week, I was initially told that the demos (of which there are about 12 or so listed on the Lexus UK website) won't be released until mid December at the earliest. New vehicles had a Feb/March waiting list.

Suspense is killing me though!

Leland

Yeah, my local dealer told me that about the demos but when I rang up about four that I fancied, three offered them right away and the other one rang back later and offered the car in a couple of weeks.

I've now found a new SEL in the right colour from stock with 2K disc so I'll probably order this week.

Good luck with yours!

FG

I've now found a new SEL in the right colour from stock with 2K disc so I'll probably order this week.

Good luck with yours!

Good job! Good luck with yours too... I can't wait though!!! :driving:

(now if only I can find the answer on the GPS issue posted on another thread... hmmm)

Leland

Hi,

Just ordered an RX400h last week from Lexus Poole - gone for the SE with Sat Nav, tracker, towbar, reverse park beepers (for the wife) metallic paint, boot liner, bumper protector thing.

Total price 44,805 - going to pay 43,000 - managed to get 4% discount.

Delivery April 2006 - new tax year - company car.

Hope this helps someone

Regards

Jon

Local dealer found me a Persian Quarz / Beige int. swapped from another dealer.

2k discount and book for my trade-in .

Just placed the order & picking up Friday.

I haven't even driven one - so should be an interesting drive home!

(have driven RX300 and read loads of websites).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links