Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory Fit Sat Nav Motorised Screen & Cd Player

:angry: My factory fitted, dashboard mounted motorised sat nav screen isnt working. The guidance still works as i can still hear the voice prompts. The screen was playing up for a few weeks not working all the time unless i press the tilt button and then it would come back and go again. Also sometimes if i went over a pot hole or a large bump then the screen would go blank. Is it a loose connection somewhere? Where can i find and resolve these issue?

:angry: Ironically the sterio has also packed in now within days of the sat nav. Again the sterio works but does not load CDs, it did give me the dreaded error 3 a few months back but when i turned it off and on again it fixed it self. Now though there is no way of loading a CD into the head unit of the sterio (CD's load at the bottom of the unit version) as when i press the CD mode button nothing happens. All other features of the sterio work fine and dandy. Any suggestions?

I do not think the two issues are related in any way whatsoever.

Thanks for your help in advance.

With regards to the sat nav issue, try a search and the links below:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=23617&hl=

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...topic=21430&hl=

If your car is less than 5 years old, Lexus will replace your stereo FOC.

Hope this helps :)

Hi, thanks for that. The sat nav issue is complex me thinks but the sterio should be fixed quickly if Lexus do FOC replacements but my car is now 5 years and 5 months old so i dont qulaify. If i had to pay them how much would it cost? Any ideas?

Hi, thanks for that.  The sat nav issue is complex me thinks but the sterio should be fixed quickly if Lexus do FOC replacements but my car is now 5 years and 5 months old so i dont qulaify.  If i had to pay them how much would it cost?  Any ideas?

Cost at lexus ? have you got a spare arm + leg :o

Hello all. I have taken the screen out as instructed in the above links and tried to clean the cable but no joy - ie screen still only works when i keep pressing tilt. So i think i will invest in a new cable. But my problems is whats the cable called on cpc.co.uk and where does the cable end? Ie one end is in the sat nav unit , no probs but where does the other end go? IF im gonna replace it i need to know that right?

Thanks

I'm not sure either mate.

I think I suggested in one of the posts, speaking/sending it to them, to see if they have anything similar. Phone first though and get a direct person to address to..

Did the cable visually have any hairline cracks etc?

Not that i can see. I would like to send it to them as im sure it will be easier but i dont know where the cable ends so how would i take it out apart from cutting it. If i cut it then the sat nav wont work at all which is worse than the current tilting situation.

• 3 months later...
Yeah it unclips but only at the sat nav unit end. The other end goes deep behind the dash and I dont know where it ends hence i cant take it off and send it to cpc.co.uk.

Please advise..... anyone.

Below is a snap of the cable that runs in behind the dash and disappers so even if i manage to get a new cable, one end will plug into the sat nav screen unit but where is the other end suppsoed to go?

The second picture is of the back of the sat nav screen unit where the cable is plugged into it.... but where is the other end supposed to go as it disappers behind the dash.

The third is just the one end of the cable i have unclipped from the back of the sat nav screen unit.

Someone please advise.

post-11037-1139840775.jpg

post-11037-1139840798.jpg

post-11037-1139841192.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links