Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control - Code 19

Hi Guys!! :)

I hope you're OK.

Just before I took my 1993 LS in for service the last time [about a month ago] the traction control light came on. [and stayed on] And ONLY the traction control light. I was quite hopeful that finally my sluggish acceleration problem [when 'floored' from a dead stop] would finally be resolved. It almost always feels as though the car is braking whenever I accelerate extremely aggressively. But all I was told when I picked up my car was to see if the traction control light comes on again. So far - it hasn't - but the car wasn't fixed. [they didn't even try to fix it - they just cleared the computer's memory]

QUESTION: Apparently 'code 19' means that the traction control PUMP is running excessively. [more often than it should] To MY way of thinking - if the TC pump was running when it SHOULDN'T be - THAT would create the feeling I very often have of my car 'braking' when I'm pressing hard on the gas pedal. [petrol pedal?] That does make sense - doesn't it? So what might cause the TC pump TO run when it shouldn't?

Thanks,

Craig!! :)

jack the car up and spin the wheels by hand. This is a good way to see if the brakes are dragging. BUT I imagine with Traction Contriol, perhaps they only drag wh the engine is on, Oh well jack the car up when the engine is still running.

Take care, good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links