Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Conversion Kit.

jensi

I am thinking about trying a cheap HID kit from eBay in US.

I see that there are many kits for about 200$.

They also have almost 100% positiv feedback from buyers.

Is it worth the risk or what could possible break on these kits?

Is it the bulbs or the ballast?

What about the bulbs? Are there much difference from other bulbs incase I have to change them to another type or are these standard when it comes to voltage and watt so I can buy other bulbs if they break?

Anyone have experience with this?

Jens

as long as they're packaged correctly and securely, the bulbs should be fine. don't think you'll have any problems with the ballasts breaking on transit.

yes, you can buy replacement bulbs, but obviously they're more expensive than standard bulbs.

just one thing i would say about some of the US HID kits is that you should look out for the illegal bulb intensities (i.e over 8000K). a lot of the US eBay companies sell the 10000k and 12000k kits, which are cheap to buy, but will get you in trouble with the boys in blue!!!! :tomato:

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

Now I have installed a JDM Pilot HID kit bought from eBay .

Whery easy to install.

Only problem I had was that I had to switch the + and - in one of the connectors.

It seems that Lexus has their own wiring in this connector.

It looked very nice on the car. :)

I bought a 6000k kit .

Cost me about 240$ with shipping and inssurance.

I recomend this to all Lexus owners.

Good service and fast delivery.

Jens

Edited by Monster-Mat

• 2 weeks later...

jensi :offtopic: I like your wheels, very nice. Can I see a side view of them please and also what are they size etc.

your HIDs look the same as mine, got the 6500k kit off prolex, well immpressed :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links