Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Beginning Of The End

Whitebeam

Latest speed scamera system here.

A bit of caution advised, I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of the Governments standard 'leak something really bad and the punters will be happy when we introduce something only half as bad' schemes. This also assumes that they can get it working, the government record with introducing big IT systems is not good (Child Benefit, Income Support, Passports, Swanage air traffic ... ). The article does refer to the DVLA database being in a bit of a state.

Still doesn't sound good, you'll spend all your time watching the speedo.

Old news... alreay in use around the whole of the road network.

http://www.serco.com/sit/customers/contracts/ntcc/index.asp

Noticed the green "traffic master" style cameras at or in between every road junction? They anonomise the information to build up journey time statistics.

Noticed the ANPR readers on the M4 and M40 at all on teh over bridges... they have been there for years and are part of teh external security perimiter to monitor for hotlist vehicles on majour roads. Again nothing new here if you keep your eyes out.

There has always been tri-party agreements between teh DfT and Police for the use of this type of equipment should the Police need to use it, nothing new to be honest, just the usual pres scare mongering.

I am sure I have mentioned HADECS before as well.. this is what is refered to on the M42 ATM section and will soon by implemented on the M25 new T5 widended section.

More info ont eh M42 ATM etc here:

http://www.highways.gov.uk/roads/projects/.../consult/01.htm

Old news... alreay in use around the whole of the road network.

Using them for speed enforcement is new.

According to ACPO roads policing head Meredydd Hughes, ANPR systems are planned every 400 yards along motorways

I'd be interested to know how much of the network they plan to cover like this.

The M42 trial is about 10 miles.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links