Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Any Web Guru's Used Ikonboard?

Brettster

I had to change hosting for my xbox site as i was exceeding the bandwith :crybaby:

so I backed up the whole site to my PC using FTP and then reuploaded the site back to the new host but the Forum software I was using Ikonboard is no longer working

does anyone have any experience with this forum software?

TIA

I had to change hosting for my xbox site as i was exceeding the bandwith  :crybaby:

so I backed up the whole site to my PC using FTP and then reuploaded the site back to the new host but the Forum software I was using Ikonboard is no longer working

does anyone have any experience with this forum software?

TIA

havent used ikonboard since 2001. I use ubbthreads/vbulletin/fusionbb for my sites. Could give you a hand tomorrow afternoon/evening if you want?

Thanks Nick :)

im sure its just something or nothing

if fixed the paths and i think i have the right permissions but it just wont run and ikonboard is no more

but i really like the features it has

when i set it up, I used dbm, but since my old host has suspended the site on my I cannot log in to the forum and create a back up, so all i have are the raw files that I ftp'd on my desktop pc

Ive uploaded these to the new server and changed the paths files etc but i get CGI errors and permisions errors and the new server doesnt allow 777 permissions only upto 755, If i do a fresh install of the ikonboard it runs fine but Ive lost all the posts and users etc

:(

understandable about not letting you use 777 permissions mate.. 755 is executable and thats all you need to run cgi files.. 777 is writable and very insecure.

use 666 on the db files mate

If you want i can take a peek if you like.. send me a PM if you want me to take a look.

Ah I think Ive sussed it

when ive installed a fresh install of ikonboard it sets the permissions to what it needs

but the files I upload myself to the server will not allow me to set those permissions such as 666 and 777 highest is 655 and 755.

guess thats the problem. thanks guys anyway :)

know of any free forum software that outputs files to auto update the main page? the way I have it set at the moment is whatever I post in the news forum the first post is automatically displayed on the main page by ways of a txt file and I use an ssi to display it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links