Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Service

Just had the first service done on my IS200. Everything went quite smoothly, I'm pleased to report.

I mentioned the pitting that has started on my wheels and a set of 5 new ones are on order.

I asked them to look at the clunky gearbox and, surprise surprise, they weren't able to find anything wrong on a short test drive. Helpfully though, they have suggested an extended test drive to try to recreate the clunk. Problem is, I can't even make it happen if I try and can't find a common theme to when it happens. It doesn't seem to matter what the weather is, whether I'm driving quickly or slowly. Ho hum.

I've got a couple of paint chips (one quite large on the bonnet) and they have been diagnosed as stone chips and therefore not covered by any warranty. Its not even as if I go chasing cars down country lanes in the Lexus. I'm really worried what state the car is going to be in when I come to shift it in (probably) a couple of years' time.

Courtesy car was an IS200 SE auto. I've not driven an auto since my last visit to the States and I was surprised by how smooth it was. The chap at the dealership reckons that, despite the official figures, there's little noticable difference in the fuel usage between the auto and manual.

I might consider it when I come to change. Quite fancy the 300 Sportcross (if I can't afford the SC430 :P )

Pete

So far so good. I had a call yesterday from Lexus Swindon saying that my replacement wheels had arrived. The car is booked in for a week Saturday.

I'm going to have another word about the large paint chip on the bonnet. If it was a large stone, I can't help but get the feeling it would have dented - but there's no dent. So perhaps a small stone made a large mark? Sounds like a defective paint job to me. We'll see how much mileage we get out of it.

I might see if I can have a play with an IS300 while they're doing the wheels :ohmy:

Pete

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links