Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3s-ge Blacktop Dual Vvt-i Camshafts

cLiMbEr®

Hi there Guys.

Hallo from snowy Russia;)

got a project to swap an altezza`s dual vvt-i head into celica st183(old sexy celica with rear steering system-4ws), using redtop beams engine from celica st202.

so need info 'bout stock altezza`s camshafts.

if you have the altezza head, can you not measure the cams,

its not so easy, as there constant varible, would it not just be easier putting a gte engine in, or a complete black top

Edited by Monster-Mat

puttin` complete black top is not easyer, all devices, like alternator ets, are made for longitudinal arrangement of engine, another trouble is that got a redtop beams engine from celica. and dead blacktop from altezza, block was repaired, but those "Ara"-guys(so we call people from kaukasian/asian region from ex USSR territory) who made repair works they did not( daemn, don`t know how it will be on english, little canals for oil lubrication on cylinder walls), so we got a top from blacktop and block(with everything, including ecu wires etc) from redtop.

3s-gte has more weight, and too much power/torque for FF celica. and... sporting interest in building atmo celica:) not noncompromised engine with top of the power @ 8-9k rpm, but wide range torque curve:)

and at last, info `bout camshafts needs, daemn, i don't know for a what, but the guy, who will make me swap asks 'bout it. :duh:

you do realize dont you cLiMbEr®, that there not normal camshafts!

and not just a simple swap, and its that reason i told you that it isnt so simple as there constant varible camshafts, or did you miss that bit in my post above.

thats is why i said IF YOU have the head, try and make the measurements yourself.

if you dont understand what the issue is, do a search on the internet for VVTI operation, and please try and tell me how you think anyone is supposed to make measurements on 2 camshaftys that are constantly changing the rotation/valve opening at infinate rpm/engine load/engine temp....etc etc etc.

all i can suggest is what i have suggested above. and that is, the head will not work.

2 reasons.

1. you dont have the ecu to control the electronic part of the VVTi system

2. you dont have the block oil drilling to control the pneumatic part of the VVTi system

if you want to do anything with the cams, take them out and throw them away, and get TODA cams.

this will solve 1 problem

1. you wont need the ecu or oil drilling to control the VVTi ....as there will be no VVTi function

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links