Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a May 2000 GS300 SE with Sat Nav. Till today the Sat Nav worked perfectly. This morning it was ok from Henley to the Westway - then when I got on the Marylebone Road it would not receive a GPS signal - so no guidance. It had me in King's Cross when I was in the Strand! I know they say tall buildings can interfere with it - but it is not much use if it wont work in London where I actually need it! Does it have to be reset in any way - anybody any experience of this?

I've never experienced this sort of problem with the Sat Nav on my GS300. There is a diagnostic menu on the Lexus navigation system which can be accessed by pressing certain buttons in a particular order - see this website http://lexusmodz.netfirms.com/ as I'm sure there are instructions on how to access the sat nav service menu. If you can get to this menu, you should be able to see what satellites you are locked on etc.

Thanks - I will try - its really puzzling as only a week before it worked fine in London.

I've never experienced this sort of problem with the Sat Nav on my GS300. There is a diagnostic menu on the Lexus navigation system which can be accessed by pressing certain buttons in a particular order - see this website http://lexusmodz.netfirms.com/ as I'm sure there are instructions on how to access the sat nav service menu. If you can get to this menu, you should be able to see what satellites you are locked on etc.

I have a May 2000 GS300 SE with Sat Nav. Till today the Sat Nav worked perfectly. This morning it was ok from Henley to the Westway - then when I got on the Marylebone Road it would not receive a GPS signal - so no guidance. It had me in King's Cross when I was in the Strand! I know they say tall buildings can interfere with it - but it is not much use if it wont work in London where I actually need it! Does it have to be reset in any way - anybody any experience of this?

The procedure works fine - I got into the secret navi screen and checked the system - everything was reported to be OK. Drove out of the car park in the Strand today - no GPS signal at all until I got up on the Westway out of the streets with tall buildings - and it worked fine.

Logic suggests that is isn't receiving enough signal - can you tell me - does the car receive the satellite signal through the car radio ariel or something else?

perhaps i should try un plugging and replugging the connections into the unit in the boot in case its a poor connection.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links