Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help On Speaker Removal

Spedracr15

i dont have a walk through but i can give you general steps.

1. If your seats fold down that might make it easier. There should be a spread out line of plastic pins that hold the cardboard type material in the back window down. these pins will be right behind where the headrests lay in the back seat. Be careful and pop all these pins.

2. From here you need to slide that panel out making sure the clips near the window are disconnected too.

3. Disconnect the factory speaker wire and unscrew the four screws holding the speaker down. If you have the same size speaker as the one in ther (6X9) then you just wire it up and drop it in. If you dont, time for some customizing!!! :D :D

hope this helps...Millatyme

Thanks for the help, but I need to go a few steps further back. In my model the whole backseat doesn't fold down, just the center part of it, kinda retarded ... but allows some pressure from the subs to seep out.

Anyway, from my understanding it's an issue of removing the whole backseat and then the back deck. I was wondering if anyone knew where to even start on a project like this, but thank you for help on the back deck itself.

So if any of you out there do know how to do a backseat removal I would really appreciate that!

Thanks in advance,

Seth

• 6 months later...

:P

Ok here is what you have to do:

1. Remove the seating surface on the rear sit. It has two clamps so just pull it up hard.

2. Then you will see two bolts, that hold back part of the seat. once you unscrew these two bolts,

push the back part of the sit up, since it is latched with two hooks.

3. Take rear stop light cover out it's just snaps so pull it out, should not be hard.

4. Here comes the intense part. The rear cover is made out of card board, you would have to bend it a little to pull it out but do not use too much force since you will brake it. Just try to pull it lightly and then see what obsticles you have while removing it. Took me about 5 minutes to figure out the most painless way to do it.

The cover will come off with speaker covers so pretty much you left with two speakers which are easy to remove. Couple of screws.

Whole project takes about 25 minutes for newbe.

Good luck.

P.S. PICK YOUR SPEAKERS CAREFULLY

I had changed mine to pioneer three way speaker system with 150 watt output and they do not provide any bass. If you are putting aftermarket speakers, consider two way or expect on putting a subwoofer in order to get at least some base.

regards

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links