Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Petrol Prices

kam05

RANT MODE ON........

Is it me or are petrol prices on the up again? :unsure:

Round my way, the cost of petrol was 85.9p a litre last week, this went up to 86.9p on the weekend, this morning I filled up the Lex and the price was 87.9p.... :angry: (I'm talking about the normal stuff- not optimax etc.)

I thought that petrol prices would be coming down in the new year? Does this mean we all could be looking at a fresh wave of fuel protests/panic buying soon?

.....RANT MODE OFF

A lot of the increase has resulted from jittery markets due to the political instability in Nigeria (the world's 7th largest producer, and supplier of 18% of the UK's oil).

In the Niger delta (the main producing region), civil unrest has resulted in Nigeria's biggest producer Shell closing down many flow stations, cutting some 20% of Nigeria's crude production.

The situation is likely to get worse before it gets better, ahead of 2007 presidential elections.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links