Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought Gs 300 Se - Fuel Guage Malfunction Question

Hello all,

I have looked through messages and could not find a similar question so hope this is the right forum to ask in (I am sure somebody will tell me if it is not)!

And no, the question is not why the needle moves downwards so quickly:-)

I picked the car up this afternoon after buying on eBay (an didnt view it before of course). It was as described and I am very pleased with it after driving home 120 plus miles. The problem is, I filled it up at the nearest garage, as the dial was on empty with the pump light on and after filling it, it was still showing empty with the pump light on.

I drove it home, left it while I had tea, went out again to sit and feel smug in it and the guage started working for the first time!

Any ideas what this intermittent fault might be due to please?

Thanks in anticipation,

Peter

My GS fuel gauge is very slow to change when I fill it up. Possibly your car has been sitting for a while with very little fuel in it and the float just stuck. Every now and again the wife's Galaxy doesn't register that you filled it up, until you restart it again. I've given up worrying about it.

My GS fuel gauge is very slow to change when I fill it up. Possibly your car has been sitting for a while with very little fuel in it and the float just stuck. Every now and again the wife's Galaxy doesn't register that you filled it up, until you restart it again. I've given up worrying about it.

Then I shall take a leaf out of your book and worry no more - thanks

Peter

I had a similar problem with my IS fuel guage when filling up with a higher octane petrol for the first time....it's a possiblility.

Not sure that could have affected mine as I just put the cheapest unleaded in available like I do with my other Jap cars (unless the previous owner was running it on parafin) :-)

Thanks for the thought though,

Regards,

Peter

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links