Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Unknown!

Next time I see them I'll ask.

What sort of things could be 'adjustable' under the bonnet to make it pass?

I believe its because on the new computerised MOT system they need to record the engine code and Vin No.

But as always I may be wrong.

Regards,

Chris Vince

WHY does an MOT tester need to go under the bonnet? unless it is to adjust something marginal to make it a pass.

you have to look at the brake fluid and make sure no leaks and petrol lines , rust , look at the steering rack if you can see it and for the vin no. and when you do the smoke test you sould put the computer on the ht leads and check the oil level and a over all look

matt

Yes of course, the VIN, and that seems to by why they like to see the previous MOT, so they can just copy the VIN. My tester had a good old look from underneath, but did not look under the bonnet, I suppose some of it is open to interpritation and general feelings rather than exact & precise checks.

• 2 weeks later...

FINALLY, got a positive reply (after 6 emails back and fore) from USA ref the bonnet rams - they're out of stock!!!

They will let me know as and when they are in stock.

Ref mkIII and IV - they dont know for sure whether they will fit, they are unsure on the bonnet weight versus mkI and II.

If you are still in the mood for replacing these (whatever mk) PM me and when I finally get a pair I'll post the dimensions etc, the III and IV bonnet weights surely cant be THAT different.

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links