Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stock Radio

Dizz

Hey, my RS200 that's coming in has a standard CD/MD double DIN radio in it. My question is has anyone here kept theirs in the car & just used a band expander or something??? Is there anything that can be done to allow you use this in Ireland/UK???

Any help appreciated :blush:

I've tried 2 different band expanders and neither of them have worked properly. Also don't do CD's since the Mrs went ape when her new Cold Play CD got consumed by an ERR 3. Managed to get it back but not taking any more chances. Apart from anything else I just love the sound of the 3S-GE :D

Apart from anything else I just love the sound of the 3S-GE :D

oh yeah :D

when I got mine it didn't have a stero in it at all

but was I happy just driving round listening to the induction kit your love it

And the manifold "rasp" :D

• 3 weeks later...

Tryed an old band expander on the factory CDerr3 and it works a treat. Keep the factory radio and buy yourself a minidisc recorder.

So you could get all the Irish/UK frequencies with the band expander on the standard CD/MD player???

Where can I get one???

Tryed an old band expander on the factory CDerr3 and it works a treat. Keep the factory radio and buy yourself a minidisc recorder.

So you could get all the Irish/UK frequencies with the band expander on the standard CD/MD player???

Where can I get one???

I got one you can try, PM me your address and I will post it to you.

Ya i tried the band expander on my Altezza when i got it too, not great down in Kerry, but reception should be better in Dublin....

I have since replaced the OEM unit with an aftermarket Headunit and the reception is still bad..... 6" aerial probably isn't helping either.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links