Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Sat Nav & Post Code Search

I had a test drive of the IS250 at the weekend and was having a play with the Sat Nav.

Does anyone out there who has the Sat Nav on their IS250 know if there is a way to search by Post Code? I couldn't see any way to do this, only by street name and city. It will be a bit of a pain if you can't use the Post Code (my current car does post code search on the Sat Nav).

Barry

You can do a partial postcode search, If you pick town, the 5th option down should be POSTCODE (on the screen where you would choose to input the town name or recent etc) This will then limit the number of streets. Not ideal - My TomTom had full postcode seach which is far far easier, but this is better than nothing (isn't it???). Hope this helps.

Now to work out how to enable it while driving......

I was slightly disappointed with the Post Code search because you can only enter the first five digits of a postcode. My other half has a Discovery and the Sat Nav has a full postcode search and works very well.

I am quite surprised the Lexus one doesn't because I have been LED to believe both systems are made by the same company.

Only the first 5 letters/numbers as suggested above. It is by far the best Nav system around on the whole. On Map systems, the voice commands are normally more basic, but on this system it is fab. Very detailed...better IMHO than the BMW DVD system (Nav Prof).

The BMW Nav has an American woman giving the directions... :sick:

I agree with Jamboo the system is one of the best there is, and it knows most towns although she can't say Wednesbury, she says Wednesday!!! :D

What I saw of the Sat Nav (and the other parts that come with the Multimedia Pack) is very impressive, much better than the one in my current car (Mazda Rx-8) and that isn't that bad (shows how fast technology change in just a couple of years!).

5 character Postcode search is OK, of course full search would be better... (I have a Garmin standalone one that does it).

Actually the main reason for wanting the multimedia pack is for the Bluetooth Handsfree, I was going to stick with the Garmin Sat Nav, but the one in the pack is almost as good, so might sell the Garmin one if I go for the IS250

Barry

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links