Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Interior Light Changing

Hello all ! Just wondering...I wanna change my interior bulbs for brighter white LED's. I've figured out what I need for the centre dome light, but am unsure about the personal light by the rearview mirror. It doesnt cover these in the manual. Also I can see how to remove the casings and fit the bulbs but on the interior light there doesnt appear to be a way to get at the inside of the unit to fit the bulb witout causing damage. Has anyone encountered and overcome this ? I would very much appreciate it if u could tell me too ! :) Does it come out looking good? Thanks.

The Map light bulb is a BA9 type.

Grip the grey plastic firmly at the back & front, give it a good squeeze and pull away. Don'y try to remove the clear plastic part on it's own.

Thanks a lot Mr. Morse ;) - btw Very nice motor

The Map light bulb is a BA9 type.

Grip the grey plastic firmly at the back & front, give it a good squeeze and pull away. Don'y try to remove the clear plastic part on it's own.

oh by the way, could u also tell me what bulbe to use for the glovebox please ? Thanks ;)

Hello all ! Just wondering...I wanna change my interior bulbs for brighter white LED's. I've figured out what I need for the centre dome light, but am unsure about the personal light by the rearview mirror. It doesnt cover these in the manual. Also I can see how to remove the casings and fit the bulbs but on the interior light there doesnt appear to be a way to get at the inside of the unit to fit the bulb witout causing damage. Has anyone encountered and overcome this ? I would very much appreciate it if u could tell me too ! :) Does it come out looking good? Thanks.

ok I changed the interior lights. Directly swapped the BA9 for a 6led white and the festoon with a 269 4led white bulb. I like the light but I would like it brighter to be honest. I can't see a BA9 with more leds than 6, and there are better festoon leds which are brighter with more leds but the 269 is a 31-35mm bulb while the other three types are 36mm+ which I don't think will squeeze in the slot. - Anyone use the bigger ones with success ? I can live with the BA9, especially if I can fit a better festoon bulb as this would compensate.

Also, anyone got any suggestions for what to get and how to fit something like LED rails under the dash in the footwells to illuminate them ? Thanks a lot for any advice :)

You won't fit anything bigger than a 31mm dome LED without chopping bits. How many LED's does your bulb have? I can supply a 9 LED 31mm dome LED that's pretty bright.

For the footwells, you can buy LED strips from Maplin and wire them into the door lights. A bit Ricey IMO though.

You won't fit anything bigger than a 31mm dome LED without chopping bits. How many LED's does your bulb have? I can supply a 9 LED 31mm dome LED that's pretty bright.

For the footwells, you can buy LED strips from Maplin and wire them into the door lights. A bit Ricey IMO though.

Sounds good mike - I got mine from ultraleds.co.uk. The festoon only has 4 so even though its a 'superior' type, a 9led one has gotta be much better. I'm also holding of on the guys I spoke to's advice on the stop/tail and f/r indicators. He's having the 581 and large wedge types redone with more leds. What u reckon are the best to go for for those purposes ?

I see u did your door markers mike - I wanted to do that since seeing it on the lextasy site. Although I've just put in red leds to make it more intense under a red lense cos I also thought/was told that they have to be red by law.

Check out the LED bulbs in my group buy post, these are the best and brightest LED's available. I have the IS300 and the MR2 kitted out with these products and they light up the sky!

LED GROUP BUY

If there is sufficient interest I'll consider running another one.

The door marker lights don't form part of the MOT so they won't fail you. Technically, the law states that you can only show red to the rear of the car, but since you are highly unlikely to go driving around with the doors open I wouldn't be to concerned about the Feds chasing you.

Check out the LED bulbs in my group buy post, these are the best and brightest LED's available. I have the IS300 and the MR2 kitted out with these products and they light up the sky!

LED GROUP BUY

If there is sufficient interest I'll consider running another one.

The door marker lights don't form part of the MOT so they won't fail you. Technically, the law states that you can only show red to the rear of the car, but since you are highly unlikely to go driving around with the doors open I wouldn't be to concerned about the Feds chasing you.

Hehehe ok thanks Mike :) Do u have a part # for the clear lenses for future ref ?

By the way I know this is :offtopic: but I remember reading some posts about a kit to do chrome around the windows. I think u said u did it but don't see it in pics of black betty :) I have seen carbon plates for the door pillars but is there a custom kit for the IS200 that converts the black window edging and door pillars to chrome. and on the issue of chrome hehe, I found an older thread on foglight garnishes and trunk bar, and posted on it but no takers yet. - Can I get these in the UK ?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links