Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Lowering Suspension And Supercharger

Aky

Hi,

I 'm looking to lower my is200 Se to around 35mm drop which i've been told is a sensible drop. I'm relectant in doing this due to that i don't wana spoil my ride. Can any one suggest to me what kind of lowering springs and suspension i should go for without spoiling the ride??

I'm also thinking of getting a super charger very intestested but the milage on my car makes me think twice. Its done 107k but drives beautiful, do you think at that milage it will be safe to have a supercharger fitted?

Please can some one help me with the obove questions.

Aky

Welcome to LOC

I 'm looking to lower my is200 Se to around 35mm drop which i've been told is a sensible drop. I'm relectant in doing this due to that i don't wana spoil my ride. Can any one suggest to me what kind of lowering springs and suspension i should go for without spoiling the ride??

Most popular springs are Eibach or TTE they give -30mm, I got PI's on the IS and they are -35mm and have had no problems.

Around -35mm is as low as you can go and still recover the geometry to sensible settings, as verified by the Dr- :winky:

Any of the above will give a firmer ride with less body roll, they will not "rattle your teeth".

I'm also thinking of getting a super charger very intestested but the milage on my car makes me think twice. Its done 107k but drives beautiful, do you think at that milage it will be safe to have a supercharger fitted?

Provided the car has been looked after I would have thought that a S/C would be OK.

I have been using Apexi GT springs for 6 months now, no problems at all. The y were installed by the DR and the geometry was recoved exact. Springs will be up for sale in a few weeks.

As for the supercharger, had mine done 2 months ago, car has done 95K and again no problems at all, as MacRS said as long as its been looked after should have no porblems.

I used to have the -30mm Eibach springs fitted. Great springs and it doesn't really affect the ride quality at all. Handling is improved and the car looks much better lowered.

As for the supercharger mate - GET ONE you wont regret it. Sooo much fun to be had with one of these :D

Firstly I would like to thank all the above people for their replies, Thank!!

I've read up on Eibach springs and they sound okay don't know too much about the TTE springs. I assume the best would be to get the Whole Eibach Suspension kit and replace the the orignal shocks with Eibach. Would it be best to put in adjustable Coilovers or just the springs with updated shocks?

Just for peace of mind out of the Apexi, Eibach, TTE and PI's, which would you rate the best in quality, realiablity and value for money?

Supercharger i'm very interested in and would go for. Just before i do want to know which is the best supercharger out there for the Lexus IS200, so far from what i've read is the TTE supercharger is the best with the best increases. Any suggestions and where to go for the best installation.

I've been talking to Prolexus regarding the Camcon and have asked for a price of a supercharger awating reply.

With all the extra power I will need extra braking power. What suggestions for Upgraded brakes i.e. Model and makes, grooved, Drilled or both discs, Bigger discs and the pads for lexus is200?

Cheers

Aky

With the Super charger its not needed to up rate the breaks but as a safety measure and should you're wallet permit, just replace them when the time comes.

Ive had my Super charger on for 4 days and the breaks are fine, but I will be getting drilled and grooved discs when the time comes. :D

Firstly I would like to thank all the above people for their replies, Thank!!

I've read up on Eibach springs and they sound okay don't know too much about the TTE springs. I assume the best would be to get the Whole Eibach Suspension kit and replace the the orignal shocks with Eibach. Would it be best to put in adjustable Coilovers or just the springs with updated shocks?

Just for peace of mind out of the Apexi, Eibach, TTE and PI's, which would you rate the best in quality, realiablity and value for money?

Supercharger i'm very interested in and would go for. Just before i do want to know which is the best supercharger out there for the Lexus IS200, so far from what i've read is the TTE supercharger is the best with the best increases. Any suggestions and where to go for the best installation.

I've been talking to Prolexus regarding the Camcon and have asked for a price of a supercharger awating reply.

With all the extra power I will need extra braking power. What suggestions for Upgraded brakes i.e. Model and makes, grooved, Drilled or both discs, Bigger discs and the pads for lexus is200?

Cheers

Aky

Eibach manufacture the springs for TTE, so they are one and the same. PI are also a good brand. Apex'i manufacture coilovers rather than springs and have a tendancy to "knock". If you want coilovers look at brands such as HKS, Tein, TTE or TRD but beware, they are serious money.

Only TTE manufactures a supercharger kit for the IS200.

Your stock brakes will be fine with a supercharger. The same brakes are fitted to the heavier and more powerful IS/GS300

As the boys have said, no need to change your breaks the stock ones will be fine.

The TTE supercharger is the one to get and bolts straight on and looks like its been there from when you bought the car.

Eibach / TTE springs are great and you only need to buy the springs. You use the OEM shocks. Price of lowering springs is around £150 - £200.

If you go for coilovers, you've got alot more choice depending if you want damping with the height etc. They'll also give you better handling than just the lowering springs. Price of coilovers £900 + . I've got the TTE coilovers fitted and they are great, but you can't adjust the damping.

I wouldn't have to worry about the OEM shocks cracking or failing on me due to lowering with Eibach Springs. By lowering with Eibach as these seem to be the most favourable to lower with i wouldn't lose my orignal ride, just don't want my teeth to rattle with a bumpy ride.

Brakes i think i'll get them done later if need'd.

Supercharger very very interested just want to know best place to get one installed

Aky

With the Super charger its not needed to up rate the breaks but as a safety measure and should you're wallet permit, just replace them when the time comes.

Ive had my Super charger on for 4 days and the breaks are fine, but I will be getting drilled and grooved discs when the time comes. :D

May I ask what milage your car was when got the superchager installed and where you would recommend?

You might not even notice any difference in the ride quality with Eibachs fitted.

I had my supercharger installed at Charlesworth motors in Glossop by Gord's mate Steve. Top job and at a great price too. Only problem it was about a 3 hour drive so will be about another half hour on top from Luton. Dave (Prolex) has a few places you can get it fitted at in the London area and TDI are also down that neck of the woods.

Whats the Best drop or sensible drop to have considering all the speed bumps about now, -30 or -35mm?

Since the standard IS ride height is so high, a -30 or -35 drop will not be affected by speed humps, unless you plan on hitting them at speed

Whats the Best drop or sensible drop to have considering all the speed bumps about now, -30 or -35mm?

Since the standard IS ride height is so high, a -30 or -35 drop will not be affected by speed humps, unless you plan on hitting them at speed

What you saying Mike, the IS is a sky rider :lol:

Just got a set of tte from lexus cardiff for a £152 :D the best i could find eibach where £210 are they not both 30mm drop and the same springs. :duh:

Whats the Drop on your TTE. Do Eibach or TTE do a -35mm drop??

Just got a set of tte from lexus cardiff for a £152 :D the best i could find eibach where £210 are they not both 30mm drop and the same springs. :duh:

Whats the Drop on your TTE. Do Eibach or TTE do a -35mm drop??

TTE / Eibach springs are a -30mm drop

How good are the PI springs. Not heard of them, don't know too much about them in relation to quality and reliabilty?

PI's do a 35 mm drop but can they be fitted to OEM shocks? Would i still get i comfortable ride like with originals?

How good are the PI springs. Not heard of them, don't know too much about them in relation to quality and reliabilty?

PI's do a 35 mm drop but can they be fitted to OEM shocks? Would i still get i comfortable ride like with originals?

Not sure on quality of these personally as i've never had them. A few of the guys on here have had them and there has been no complaints to my knowledge. Yes they can be fitted to the OEM shocks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links