Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx300 Bluetooth Add On/upgrade

Hi All

I have just purchased a RX300 SEL (May 2004) it seems to have all the trimmings but no Bluetooth. Just a couple of questions:-

1) I have purchased a Parrot 3200 Ls-Colour Bluetooth Kit ( http://www.parrot.biz/united_kingdom/produ...dex.php?id=3200 ), it comes with a universal radio mute unit which has standard ISO connectors. Does the RX have these connectors (ISO) and does it have a mute cable, how easy is it to get to all this??

The unit should mute the radio and put the voice call on the sound system.

2) Can you ask the Lexus dealer to upgrade the existing unit to Bluetooth.

Or does anybody have any easier ideas.

Hope you can HELP.

Thanks

Just purchased a RX300 SE--L this weekend. Pre-registered Sept '04 with 18 miles on clock. The dealer didn't think that Bluetooth could be 'retro fitted' but had a local firm fit a Parrot CK3100. I must say I'm impressed with the performance. It mutes the radio and does everything i would expect of it. Sorry but can't answer your technical questions - after spending all that on the car I really believe it's worth "getting a little man in."

I spent some time asking fitters if my SEL could have the Mark Levinson muted.

Most said no. Time on the web eventually identified the wire that mutes - and it does work.

I got the little man in to fit a Parrot, showed him the diagram and description of the mute wire. He fitted it, and it works fine.

He didn't manage to route the sound through the speakers and suggested that with the Parrot if the sound is amplified it often becomes distorted and so preferred to fit a separate speaker. As I already had a Nokia speaker left over from a pervious install he used that.

System works fine.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links