Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav Updates - Used Will Do!

New (to me) GS Navigator + Planned trip to Ireland in the Summer.

No problem I here you cry - The DVD SatNav system will guide you serenely from door to door.

Wrong! I got the end of 2000 facelift model - it is DVD and does include all of mainland europe but not Ireland.

Lexus tell me that the newer updates do - but that their update DVD will cost me £217 +VAT.

Having just spent £9K on the car, the cupboard is pretty bare.

Does anyone have a "nearly new" DVD that includes Ireland - don't really care if it has the latest UK road changes - just the extra 50 miles to County Wicklow. My father-in-law will p*** himself laughing if I can't source this from somewhere & I'll have to hang my head in shame and buy a small french family hatchback.

Thanks in advance

Ireland is not mapped properly i'm afraid ... (alot to do with not having adopted post codes yet )... so it's not your fault, Major Cities are supposed to be ok but once you leave them it's supposed to be practically useless.......

Ireland is not mapped properly i'm afraid ... (alot to do with not having adopted post codes yet )... so it's not your fault, Major Cities are supposed to be ok but once you leave them it's supposed to be practically useless.......

Thanks Noel - still probably best to leave the old guy at home then. You wouldn't believe how much I've talked up this car!

Cheers

i got a 2005 dvd from an avensis on ebay for £60 and it is the same as the lexus one..

Now this is good news - spotted one onebay earlier today - a TNS300 - is this the same one?

Quick check on the net.... NAVTEQ do sell updated maps for both handheld and car based systems.....

See Here........

Dosen't have a listing for Lexus.... but says to contact dealer...... you should have bought a B*W :lol:

Thought the LOC had a policy on bad language!

The GS has more class in the contents of the ashtray than anything that has ever come out of Munich. :lol:

can't find any listed at the moment but save the search and have eBay email you if any show up..

my old dvd had 86271-70v311a ver1st/2002

from memory the new dvd is 86271-70313a ver 1/ 2005

so most of the numbers are alike except the last number so thats what you need to look for.

so pop the old disc out get all the numbers from it and search away..

regards

Dean

can't find any listed at the moment but save the search and have ebay email you if any show up..

my old dvd had 86271-70v311a ver1st/2002

from memory the new dvd is 86271-70313a ver 1/ 2005

so most of the numbers are alike except the last number so thats what you need to look for.

so pop the old disc out get all the numbers from it and search away..

regards

Dean

Cheers bud

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links