Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d And Is220d Sport

I have a couple of queries which regards to the IS220d Sport compared to standard IS220d:-

The final drive ratio of the standard is 2.47 but the sport is 3.20. I know this has something to do with the gearing but what difference will that mean in reality? I know 6th gear is very long on the standard and can't be used below 70mph, does this mean you could use 6th earlier in the Sport?

Also how come the mpg is different, is this down to the gearing? Its quite alot different aswell, about 5 mpg on the combined cycle...

Hope someone can clear these up for me.

Cheers,

I have a couple of queries which regards to the IS220d Sport compared to standard IS220d:-

The final drive ratio of the standard is 2.47 but the sport is 3.20. I know this has something to do with the gearing but what difference will that mean in reality? I know 6th gear is very long on the standard and can't be used below 70mph, does this mean you could use 6th earlier in the Sport?

Also how come the mpg is different, is this down to the gearing? Its quite alot different aswell, about 5 mpg on the combined cycle...

Cheers,

The gearing change should mean that the sport accelerates quicker, 6th becomes more usable but unfortunately the engine will be revving higher for any given speed so the fuel economy will suffer...unless of course if you can use 6th more often where it may balance out a bit as for the non-sport guys 6th is virtually unusable.

I have the IS 220d Sport - collected it about two weeks ago. I tend to keep it in 5th until around 75-80 mph then change up.

You can make use of this gear a lot earlier than the regular 220d I've stayed in 6th at about 60mph but responsivness obviously sufferers slightly.

At present I get about 33mpg combined.

As regards the gearbox, 1st gear is a waste of time and it generally works best if you commence in 2nd.

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Apr 7 2006, 06:31 PM)

Cheers,

The gearing change should mean that the sport accelerates quicker, 6th becomes more usable but unfortunately the engine will be revving higher for any given speed so the fuel economy will suffer...unless of course if you can use 6th more often where it may balance out a bit as for the non-sport guys 6th is virtually unusable.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links