Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Based Sat Nav

Morning All,

I have the CD based Sat Nav, but every now and again, it gets lost :duh: :duh: , you can be travelling down a road and the next minute your somewhere miles away. Even if you stop the car, turn off the engine it doesn't put you back in the right place, however if you stop somewhere for lunch say an hour them it's back to normal when you switch it back on ??

IS there a way of reseting the whole unit ?

Thanks

you need to update your disc version to the latest.The sat nav on my x reg is the same.

It's not that the road doesnt exsist, it just loads position I was on the A66 in cumbria last week then in Hawes and it showed me elsewhere !!! :duh: :blink:

Any idea, what the latest version is ?

what setting do u have the route search in?is it quick/short/alternative?u can get the latest version of the satnav software from lexus or eBay perhaps,you need the cd version not dvd.Have u tried locating the disc and reloading it.Perhaps that may help.Or it may be that the software has corrupted over time,but my personal theory is that an updated disc is essential.I beleive after doing this your probs will be solved.satnav disc is in boot.

what setting do u have the route search in?is it quick/short/alternative?u can get the latest version of the satnav software from lexus or ebay perhaps,you need the cd version not dvd.Have u tried locating the disc and reloading it.Perhaps that may help.Or it may be that the software has corrupted over time,but my personal theory is that an updated disc is essential.I beleive after doing this your probs will be solved.satnav disc is in boot.

The CD is fine (ie no scratches) not sure of the version as unforunaly when I bought the car it had a copied version in the player. I have had the Cd out and checked it.

It does seem to happen when it's planned a route and lets say you know the basic route so close it so not to get the voice, then when you open it your somewhere else !

what setting do u have the route search in?is it quick/short/alternative?u can get the latest version of the satnav software from lexus or ebay perhaps,you need the cd version not dvd.Have u tried locating the disc and reloading it.Perhaps that may help.Or it may be that the software has corrupted over time,but my personal theory is that an updated disc is essential.I beleive after doing this your probs will be solved.satnav disc is in boot.

The CD is fine (ie no scratches) not sure of the version as unforunaly when I bought the car it had a copied version in the player. I have had the Cd out and checked it.

It does seem to happen when it's planned a route and lets say you know the basic route so close it so not to get the voice, then when you open it your somewhere else !

Dont know if this helps - Is it perhaps not receiving the GPS signal at times? I had a CD sat nav in a GS300 and began to find that for no reason I was shown as being where I wasnt. It was worse in London than anywhere else but it did also happen outin the country. In the end I found that the problem was dirty connection in the plug into the back of the Sat Nav unit in the trunk. I waggled the plug about- pulled itout and put in back in a fewtimes and that stopped it doing it. After a month or so it started a gain so I cleaned the connetion properly and it was ok after that.

IS the CD a copy?

It should be obvious if it is!

I think the latest is 3.7?

I upgraded from 3.4 to 3.7 and it does have a few improvements to the map.

yes the chaps got a copied disc.i think that the probs/solutions that panda has explained he had with his car,sounds similar to the probs pixie is having with his.I doubt that updating to the latest version will solve the issue.BTW How much is the 3.7 version? if you dont mind me asking.

Thanks Guys would love a new version but not sure I can justify the £140 ish cost.

Where will I fine the GPS lead, so I can try and clean it.

I have looked on eBay for original disks but they are all 5 or 6 years old, which is pointless.

If anybody knows of anyone who has a disk for sale, please ask them to give me a buzz. :)

Thanks Guys would love a new version but not sure I can justify the £140 ish cost.

Where will I fine the GPS lead, so I can try and clean it.

I have looked on ebay for original disks but they are all 5 or 6 years old, which is pointless.

If anybody knows of anyone who has a disk for sale, please ask them to give me a buzz. :)

It is a bit awkward if I remember right - you have to squeeze your fingers down the back of the unit - there was a bit of trim near mine and it didn't leave much room but you can easily feel the plugs in the back of the unit and can just see them a bit one is the signal coming in and the other is the video out I think - if you want to do the job properly you have to unscrew and remove the unit but as I said - just waggleing the plugs solved my problem for a while at least.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links