Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbie,problem

dazw30

Hi.all

could anyone tell me if the manual rs200 is supposed to have pre-cats on the exhaust as mine dosent.

The problem is when i give a bit of welly i get a very strong sulphur(cat smell) in the car

my brother has a tezza tiptronic and his has the pre-cats an he has no problems with his.

or do i need a new main cat

do any of you guys have any ideas

hopefully Daz

cheers lads,

£525.67inc vat i've been quoted from toyota for the proper cat,seems a tad pricey to me

anyone know of anywhere i could find a cheaper 1 or would it be better to get a full exhaust and just use the cat for mot's

any suggestions

another quicky i.ve just ordered front discs and pads £121.44 dose that sound about right or did they see me comming lol.

go for the de-cat and just put it back in for M.O.T's

but it may pay to check that the car goes through the M.O.T 1st with the cat in if you think there's a problem with it

as you wouldn't want to get to M.O.T time and find out it won't pass

just my 2 pence

I agree with Robin, for half that money a company like powerflow could make you an entire exhaust from the down pipe back!

thats why i asked on here it passed mot 2 wks ago straight through wit advise on front discs

wots the exhaust i need and where's the best place to get it nothing to loud though i av enough trouble with next door as it is :)

Well either way u need to tackle the center section (Main CAT with silencer) if indeed the cat is rotten.... I'd suggest getting that made then see if u can pick up a rear section to suit...

Powerflow did my cat bypass with flanges for £50 :)

i would say there is nothing wrong with the cat i am a mot tester and i smell that smell on a lot of cars and it would not pass the co2 bit if you drive up a long steep hill you should smell it on nearly all cars

i way i see it if it smells its working

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links