Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Remote Locking No Longer Working

The remote locking on my IS200 has suddenly stopped working. 'Coincidentally' the car has been serviced today so I presume something has happened at Lexus....

The car didn't want to lock itself early evening and only finally worked after repeated attempts at pressing the key. At the time I presumed the key Battery was on its way out.

Then found I couldn't unlock the car no matter how many times I tried. I have both spares and neither of them lock the car either, despite the red light flashing on them.

I resorted to opening the driver's door and setting off the alarm in order to get into the car.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

this may sound stupid mate, but are all the doors closed correctly.

reason i ask is that i had the same problem at the weekend, only to realise that my rear door wasnt shut correctly. thought id state the obviosu first :D

I found both my batterys had gone dead in a similar instance..lol

I never checked the spares till it was to late, but if it happend after the service they should prob have a look for you.

When I used the key the alarm would still go off it was fustrating..lol

The remote locking on my IS200 has suddenly stopped working. 'Coincidentally' the car has been serviced today so I presume something has happened at Lexus....

The car didn't want to lock itself early evening and only finally worked after repeated attempts at pressing the key. At the time I presumed the key battery was on its way out.

Then found I couldn't unlock the car no matter how many times I tried. I have both spares and neither of them lock the car either, despite the red light flashing on them.

I resorted to opening the driver's door and setting off the alarm in order to get into the car.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?

I Have this problem alot it only seems to happen outside on my drive. Have changed batterys etc checked doors all shut, it just comes and goes.

Somebody at work is having the same problem not far from me and a neighbour aswell. :blink::blink:

Thanks for all the replies.

Took it back into Lexus this morning, and of course it made a complete liar out of me and worked perfectly every time right outside the dealership, despite not working outside my house! :blush:

The only possibility I can think of is that I was about 6 metres away from the car when I first noticed the problem. I couldn't lock the car so I pressed the button 4 or 5 times very quickly. That's when the problem started.

Lexus' best guess is that pressing the remote key more than a few times in quick succession could have confused the remote locking, and it just stopped working for a while. I'm not entirely convinced by this explanation but they've assured me that it if plays up again I can bring it straight back in for them to look at.

So I'm hoping it doesn't occur again. After searching the forums though it does seem to be a fairly common problem. I wonder if the aerial in the central locking receiver is a bit crappy?? Could very well explain why it's iffy in certain places if it's prone to interference..

Radio waves in certain areas also play havoc. My mates subaru wrx's immobiliser plays up near my house and he has to input a code that sometimes doesnt work.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I've got exactly the same problem as this, did you ever find out what was causing it?

Cheers

Nope, never found out the cause. And guess what' it's started again this morning. :angry:

Tried disconnecting the Battery and reconnecting - nothing.

Tried the procedure for reprogramming the remotes - works fine until you come to the bit where you actually start pressing the buttons on the keys themselves. Then nothing.

I suspect that the receiver on the car is intermittently working or it's very prone to interference. Either way it's a problem I've never had on any other car and I'm now debating whether to sell the bloody thing!

Right - I think I have finally got to the bottom of this now.

Despite disconnecting the Battery, trying the reprogramming procedure, still had no joy.

Parked the car outside a neighbours house 3 doors away and the c/locking started working fine.

Moved the car to another neighbours house 3 doors in the opposite direction and the remotes stopped working again.

So I spent the next 10 mintes moving the car small distances up the street and came to a point where the remotes were working again.

This MUST be due to RF interference, someone is obviously using something which operates on the same frequency as the Lexus remotes which has a much stronger signal; maybe a CB radio or cordless headphones. Whatever it is, at least I know I can get the thing working by moving the car up the street.

What a pain in the backside!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links