Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tying To Install An Aftermarket Headunit To My Is200

Hi guys, my IS200 factory CD player jammed up and like some of the guys here having problems: "can't play Westlife or Ronan Keating's CDs", finally got tired of it and trying to install an aftermarket headunit now. Managed to get a year 2001 IS300 wiring diagram but didn't really help. I got the aftermarket headunit power up and running but no sound's playing. Guess I haven't got the speaker wirings correctly. Tried tracing the wires back to the rear speakers, but they were Red and Black which don't match the wiring colours to the factory headunit at all!

Does anyone have any suggestions or happen to have a copy of the IS200 stereo wiring diagram? I tried searching LOC for a few days, most links to Wiring Diagrams are dead. I have a year 2000 IS200 (1G-FE) by the way.

Email me at davidkschee@yahoo.com

Cheers.

the problem is that your speakers have commited suicide due to the westlife and ronan keating "music" coming through them, either that or you need to bypass the factory fitted amp.

Thanks for all your replies! Mine's a Singapore import. I've got an S version I guess :huh:

1G-FE should be the basic version?

the rear speakers have Lexus logos on them...read about the Lexus logos in one forum stating if there's a logo, it's got an amp???? Is there any other way I can tell from this singapore import IS200?

if singapore is anything like hong kong, then there won't be any separation. All IS200 in hk are the same, with the same options (i.e. sport pedals, scuff plates, 2 tone steering wheel, amplified stereo).

So my guess is that you do have an amp. So you will need to bypass it to get your aftermarket HU to work.

Thanks Noel, took my glove box out and saw an amp on the left hand corner. Bernard is right...I do have an amp..looks like the Singapore imports are SE versions...

Now I guess I'll have to bypass the amp..I'm trying to keep my factory speakers if possible as I've just spent a bit on the headunit :duh:

Anyone here with a wiring diagram? Tried searching again on LOC, links are all broken...

If you do, my email is davidkschee@yahoo.com

Cheers

Others have had a problem with the factory speakers impedance...

I was lucky in my Altezza, no amp and got a Toyota cable connector off the net, all went in very easy....

Others on here have gone your route before.... Some links might be dead but search the topics and PM the peeps involved...

Good luck

• 4 weeks later...

It might be that if you are wiring it up yourself that the resistor in the headunit is stopping the sound as a safety feature. A Pug 205 I had a year ago had a similar problem. I fitted a new headunit as the one the previous owner fitted was weak and nasty. Upon connecting the existing ISO socket to the new headunit I noticed it was a bit of a botched job on the wiring. Once fitted the new unit would power up and play CDs but there was no sound. The handy Halfords guru took one look at the ISO and said it was well dodgy! I bought a new one and refitted the system and all worked fine!

You can get Halfords to order IS200 ISOs from autoleads. Took about 2 days for their Telford branch to get it for me.

A friend of mine owns bromley car audio and he completely re-wired my SE spec car with an ISO lead and bypassed the AMP, only took him about an hour.

You can bypass the amp by removing one of the plugs from it and testing it as it feeds directly to the speakers. Just use standard crimp terminals to join new wire directly from the head unit to them. Test each one at a time.

Although the rear shelf speakers acutaly have two sets of imputs, you will have to choose just one of them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links