Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner Problems...

IS200SEJASON

Hi LOC,

I have purchased my first lexus the IS200 after three days I parked in a carpark only to return to my car to find somebody had dented the front wing whilst I was parked! Thanks! got that sorted by a guy called Mat at NODENTS THEN TO MY DISMAY on sunday whilst parked this time with me in the car an Italian man in a mercedes reversed straight into my rear bumper! Thanks! Insurance will pay for the new one fitting etc.... Anyway I have noticed some bits and pieces with the car that I need somehelp on firstly I have noticed that when breaking sometimes the sterring wheel jolts to the right ever so slightly?? The car also needs a service 40000 Miles should I use an approved lexus workshop and how much would I expect to pay?

Thanks,

Jason.

Hi LOC,

I have purchased my first lexus the IS200 after three days I parked in a carpark only to return to my car to find somebody had dented the front wing whilst I was parked! Thanks! got that sorted by a guy called Mat at NODENTS THEN TO MY DISMAY on sunday whilst parked this time with me in the car an Italian man in a mercedes reversed straight into my rear bumper! Thanks! Insurance will pay for the new one fitting etc.... Anyway I have noticed some bits and pieces with the car that I need somehelp on firstly I have noticed that when breaking sometimes the sterring wheel jolts to the right ever so slightly?? The car also needs a service 40000 Miles should I use an approved lexus workshop and how much would I expect to pay?

Thanks,

Jason.

Hi and welcome to LOC Jason :D

Sounds like you better stop parking in car parks :whistling:

I presume you mean its pulling to the right a bit when breaking and assuming you have checked your tyres & pressures etc its most likely to be that the alignment is out or your brake pads or calipers need checking :winky:

For the service it should be approx £300 - if you go Gold & you could save a few £'s on your dealer parts & service costs :D

Hi there, welcome to LOC!

Seems like you've had a bit of bad luck there, hope that's the last of it :winky:

With regard to the wheel pulling to the right, it could be an alignment/geometry problem, but also because of the low profile tyres, they do tend to follow contours in the road under braking. Does it always pull to the right, or does it sometimes go either way?

I had my 40k service a few months ago and it cost £550 including Gold member discount, but that also included a new set of brake pads and some other bits, so quite reasonable overall :)

Hi there, welcome to LOC!

Seems like you've had a bit of bad luck there, hope that's the last of it :winky:

With regard to the wheel pulling to the right, it could be an alignment/geometry problem, but also because of the low profile tyres, they do tend to follow contours in the road under braking. Does it always pull to the right, or does it sometimes go either way?

I had my 40k service a few months ago and it cost £550 including Gold member discount, but that also included a new set of brake pads and some other bits, so quite reasonable overall :)

Thanks for all the replys guys!

Always to the right. Breaks are squeaking as well so maybe its the break pads?