Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Buying Over Ebay From Usa

uzziz

Hi all

In need of some advice, my current laptop is need of an upgrade so i checked out eBay i located a cheap p4 8200 just for $999 =£621 +p/p has any one purchased any items from usa which exceed £500+ can these sellers be trusted once payment has been sent even if their profiles and comments are good or due you think i should involve escrow in the smooth running of the transaction.

to those who are unfamiliar with escrow escrow: Money held in trust by a third party until the seller sends the merchandise to the buyer.

An escrow service can help ensure a safe and pleasant transaction between the buyer and seller, especially when a large sum is changing hands. Users should make sure that they use a well known and reliable escrow service. An escrow service acts as a neutral third party in a transaction, collecting payment for the merchandise from the buyer until the seller sends the item to the buyer. Once the buyer accepts the merchandise, the escrow service forwards the payment to the seller.

Conducting an escrow transaction is simple - there are just five easy steps:

Both buyer and seller sign up at the escrow site and register the transaction that is being escrowed.

Once all details of the transaction have been confirmed by both buyer and seller, the buyer pays the escrow site the amount agreed with the seller, plus the escrow fee.

The escrow site will notify the seller that it has received the money and directs the seller to ship the goods to the buyer.

The Buyer receives, inspects and approves the goods and notifies the escrow site that all is OK.

The escrow site forwards the funds to the seller.

They charge 0.85% from the initial payment to the seller

what are your views

thanks

The main issue will be customs in the UK, they will charge import duty. I've ordered DVD's before and been charged quite a high amount, which also delayed delivery.

Another thing to note is that the keyboard will be different to UK, it won't have a £ character and other keys like @ and " are in different places.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links