Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Geometry Check Query In Bristol

rakeshtak

Hi all, im looking for a bit of advice(ive tried searching etc).

Does anyone know where I can get the geometry of my IS200 checked and adjusted in the Bristol area? I went to Pro Tyre in Bristol for some replacement tyres due to inner wear. They did a 4 wheel alignment but said that the inner tyre wear is due to the car being lowered and nothing can be done. After reading some of your posts, I know that you guys have successfully managed to get it sorted. If there is nowhere local, I think a trip to Wheels in Motion might be needed!

Thanks for any advice.

I got my annual check/adjustment done with Tony yesterday. He recommended that as my car is lowered and the adjusters maxed out at the front that I run with slightly higher tyre pressures so that the front tyres make contact more in the centre, eg 35.

Hi all, im looking for a bit of advice(ive tried searching etc).

Does anyone know where I can get the geometry of my IS200 checked and adjusted in the Bristol area? I went to Pro Tyre in Bristol for some replacement tyres due to inner wear. They did a 4 wheel alignment but said that the inner tyre wear is due to the car being lowered and nothing can be done. After reading some of your posts, I know that you guys have successfully managed to get it sorted. If there is nowhere local, I think a trip to Wheels in Motion might be needed!

Thanks for any advice.

I have these in my 'trusted centres' http://www.wheels-inmotion.co.uk/trusted.htm This may help?

From 'stock' there is an issue with the IS200/300's front tyre wear. The wim positions proven over two years has been made public, so i have no intention to capture the recovery market, all my trusted centres perform to the wim set-up without prompting.

When a car is modified, in particular lowered then most companies will shy away because the machines data is no longer relevant and personal ability from the technician will need to be available.... unfortunately this ability is hard to find.

On the up note, the car although lowered can be recovered and produce acceptable tyre wear and still allow the performance desired by you. The actual positions may need to be written if you need help on this let us know.