Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Have I Got A Good One?

After reading many reviews I was very nervous when I took delivery of my IS 220d this month. Having visited the forums and read about sub 40mpg figures, unusable 6th gears and shuddering mirrors I was beginning to regret my decision to go for the Lexus over the usual German suspects.

However....................

My new car arrived last week (56 plate) straight out of the box (500 miles on the clock) and I am absolutely delighted. I have a 1hr drive to work in the morning, 30mins on A/B roads and 30 mins on the M8 between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

I'm getting a tank average of at least 47mpg on my journey, doing 80mph on the motorway using Shell Diesel, on some days it's been as high as 51mpg?!?!?! 6th Gear can be used at 50mph, and I can accelerate!!!! Although the rear view mirror does shudder quite a bit, but this only last until about 65mph.

It seems that what ever issues were prevalent in the early releases have been fixed by Lexus.

If any one reading this is think of buying one and has been put off by the poor reviews and early injector issues then don't be. The car is fantastic, and can't wait until the engine wears in a bit and performance improves over what I all ready have.

All in all I'm very please that I went for the Lexus as the sea of German metal on the M8 really makes mine stand out. I'd be interested to see if anyone who has got a brand new build has had similar experiences.

Colinf1903

After reading many reviews I was very nervous when I took delivery of my IS 220d this month. Having visited the forums and read about sub 40mpg figures, unusable 6th gears and shuddering mirrors I was beginning to regret my decision to go for the Lexus over the usual German suspects.

However....................

My new car arrived last week (56 plate) straight out of the box (500 miles on the clock) and I am absolutely delighted. I have a 1hr drive to work in the morning, 30mins on A/B roads and 30 mins on the M8 between Edinburgh and Glasgow.

I'm getting a tank average of at least 47mpg on my journey, doing 80mph on the motorway using Shell Diesel, on some days it's been as high as 51mpg?!?!?! 6th Gear can be used at 50mph, and I can accelerate!!!! Although the rear view mirror does shudder quite a bit, but this only last until about 65mph.

It seems that what ever issues were prevalent in the early releases have been fixed by Lexus.

If any one reading this is think of buying one and has been put off by the poor reviews and early injector issues then don't be. The car is fantastic, and can't wait until the engine wears in a bit and performance improves over what I all ready have.

All in all I'm very please that I went for the Lexus as the sea of German metal on the M8 really makes mine stand out. I'd be interested to see if anyone who has got a brand new build has had similar experiences.

Colinf1903

Nice one Colin - one of the best things about the Lexus IS Gen 2 is how much it stands out in a crowd - real Motorway Snob Appeal...and it such a good motorway car.

Is your's a Sport? 6th at 50mph....if only.... ^_^

Welcome to de clooobbbbbb

Very Nice Colin, my is 56 plate too, but only had 48 miles on the clock, so cant say about the fuel side of it yet, but using 6th is no problem at all, and when i try the MLS system the other day, watching two tower in the car was fantastic, it sound even better than my home cinema system, which is amazing, and the look from other drivers face when they pull up next to my IS is just make me love the car even more...hehe :D :D :D :D :D

Colin great choice, I frequent the M8, Glasgow/Edinburgh most days and have spotted 3 IS's on my normal run in to work, 1*black, 1*silver,1 green.

I'm gutted as my new IS was due for delivery 24th October but a mess up at work/leasing company has delayed it until mid Jan 07 total bummer!

I'm glad to hear the consumption and 6th gear problems seem to be fixed.

Would appreciate knowing who is best for service Lex Glasgow or Lex Edinburgh

From 1 very bored A4 driver enjoy

Colin great choice, I frequent the M8, Glasgow/Edinburgh most days and have spotted 3 IS's on my normal run in to work, 1*black, 1*silver,1 green.

Would appreciate knowing who is best for service Lex Glasgow or Lex Edinburgh

The Black one could have been me if it was last week, either Tuesday Glasgow to Edinburgh or Wednesday Edinburgh to Glasgow.

Reason for my trip was your other point. I've been very disappointed by the aftersales service at Glasgow, so took mine to Edinburgh to see if they could sort out the mess. Suffice to say I now have a silent car again, plus a couple of stories about the abilities of the Glasgow mechanics. Use Edinburgh :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links