Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Halogen For Xenon Bulb Replacements 9005 9006

If you would care to go to this UK site you will find that they stock 9005 9006 bulbs for the IS200 in Xenon under the Phillips name. (5 star rating in Auto express)

They are direct replacements to the standard ones.

UK Xenon bulb supplier

They are UV protected so that it wil not effect the lens or lamp housings, they are the correct fittings and wattage and they offer 30% more light.

I ordered them at around 4pm online and they arrived in the first post NEXT DAY post free.

They may not be blue. They may not be HID.

They may not 'look' as cool but they are going to be a lot better and more efficent than the halogens that are standard factory fit and they were not expensive.

I have yet to try them out but I am confident that they are exactly what I have been looking for.

They are available in both dip and main beam fittings and I will replace all my front lamps with them.

Thanks to everyone who had contributed to my search in the numerous forums - but these are the ones for me.

:backofnet:

:arrrggg-matey:

Excellent find Bluebeard. :backofnet:

They're certainly good value for money.

But I can't see where it says they are Xenon gas filled. :blink:

The group buy currently ongoing is based on Super Plasma Xenon bulbs, and while certainly more expensive that the ones you've found, the Super Plasma Xenon bulbs offer a greater output.

Good to offer members the choice though!! :)

In this link there is confirmation that these are Xenon filled. The filament is certainly smaller which indicates that it is burning in Xenon as it is also one of their characteristics.

Confirmation of Xenon gas - Phillip premium bulbs

I have tried them briefly the other night and they are brighter and whiter than standard and that of the 'blue vision' type. I have put the 'blue vision' ones in the fogs (for what good they are!)

I have also fitted PIAA LED sidelight bulbs which come in a variety of colours and combination of colours - one of which is blue/white. I image as they are so bright that they will give a slightly blue tinge when the headlights are on giving a false HID look.

They came from

PIAA LED bulbs

LED's are much brighter, very tough and will last the lifetime of the car (probably)

They are expensive but I think will give everyone the best of all worlds. (£20 per pair including VAT) They arrived with 48 hours.

I am exploring the possiblilty of changing other 'capless' bulbs in the car as well as soon as I can find the right sizes, in LED fittings.

I will also be changing the main beams shortly to Phillips Xenon

The group buy suggestion for Super Plasma Xenon bulbs, was originally started by a former LOC member(Tony) superchargedmorph.

Unfortunately Tony has now sold his Lexus, and moved on, so we can't ask him questions, or get his opinion on these bulbs.

There was initially a great interest in the bulbs he used, as these were seen by some members at JAE last year, (not myself however), and there output was compared to HID bulbs, (the benchmark for output), and seemed to be of a comparable output, for a lot less outlay!!

In the interests of helping other members, I have attempted to pick things up where Tony left off, and have contacted the supplier to ask for a group buy price, to include shipping tax etc. I and am currently awaiting a response. (I've asked twice.)

I can't claim to be knowledgeable on lighting, or headlamp output, (even though I worked for Thorn Lighting for 4 years!!), but before I would go ahead purchasing any headlamp bulbs, I'd want to be sure they were ok, i.e, gave improved performance and didn't damage the headlamp lenses.

There was a warning of UVA output from some cheaper lamps that could cause the your headlamp lenses to cloud over, and any bulb that I would buy, I'd want to make sure it did not do this.

You'll probably have seen from my signature that I actually use PIAA Xtreme whites bulbs, so I've already made my choice, and I can only comment on their output.

What I do know, is that bulbs are measured in both their colour temperature, and their lumen output. In other words what colour the light is and how bright it is. i.e Philips Bluevision.

In the interests of comparison, the only figures you can use are the colour temperature and their luminosity output per sq metre, over a given distance.

In the meantime if I can obtain the colour temperatures and lumen output of these bulbs, I'll post them.

The expected group buy price on the Super Plasma Xenon bulbs is hoped to be about £60 for a set of 4 bulbs. Two for dip and two for full beam.

When I have the group buy price, I'll post it in the group buy thread and leave it to members to make their own choice.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links