Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ipod Connection For The Rx Using Soundlinq From Vaistech

i have prepared together with billygarrett a detailed decription to install a SoundLinQ SLI system in the RX400h t for iPod connection to the Lexus audio system.

the documentation is a .pdf file with about 800k (many pictures) and i have no idea how we can share this.

i am a gold member in the international forum and in the international forum we can upload files to make them downloadable for all interested but i have no idea how i can do so in this forum? any suggestions?

regrds

willz

i have prepared together with billygarrett a detailed decription to install a SoundLinQ SLI system in the RX400h t for iPod connection to the Lexus audio system.

the documentation is a .pdf file with about 800k (many pictures) and i have no idea how we can share this.

i am a gold member in the international forum and in the international forum we can upload files to make them downloadable for all interested but i have no idea how i can do so in this forum? any suggestions?

regrds

willz

it seems there is not much interest after all our hard work !!

regrds

willz

yes, sometimes people complaining and demanding a lot and as soon as you have a solution to offer .... silence!

again, if anybody likes to get a detailed installation description (and how to order the unit in the USA) for vaistechs iPod interface, send your e-mail address as PM and you will recive the documantation as .pdf file.

regards

williz

• 2 weeks later...

regrds

willz

yes, sometimes people complaining and demanding a lot and as soon as you have a solution to offer .... silence!

again, if anybody likes to get a detailed installation description (and how to order the unit in the USA) for vaistechs iPod interface, send your e-mail address as PM and you will recive the documantation as .pdf file.

regards

williz

I'm interested... I believe the unit will work happily with the system installed in a new IS?

I'm interested... I believe the unit will work happily with the system installed in a new IS?

i think it will work in a new IS, but have a look at www.vaistech.com you will find a compatibility chart there and in the documentation you will find the coordinates of a person at vaistech you can e-mail or call and ask.

if you are interested to download this SoundLinQ SLI iPod Interface installation documentation please follow this link!

http://euro.lexusownersclub.com/forums/ind...showtopic=12482

• 2 months later...

regrds

willz

regards

williz

Thanks for your work on this guys. I have just installed the device in my 400h and it works brilliantly. I elected to leave it in the Glove box rather than behind the stereo or close to the footwell, as described by Leaxuslover on the US forum. Only slight issue ( need to check the iPod settings) is that the volume seems to be lower - but the sound quality is excellent. Very pleased with it !

Is your 400h a UK spec? Also is it a SEL or just SE?

thanks

D

Thanks for your work on this guys. I have just installed the device in my 400h and it works brilliantly. I elected to leave it in the Glove box rather than behind the stereo or close to the footwell, as described by Leaxuslover on the US forum. Only slight issue ( need to check the iPod settings) is that the volume seems to be lower - but the sound quality is excellent. Very pleased with it !

It is UK spec SE with the mutlimedia system. I have discovered that the sound is actually fine - its just that with the increased sound quality some below par CDs are now more obvious than before !!

--

Is your 400h a UK spec? Also is it a SEL or just SE?

thanks

D

A review of the Vaistech soundlinq unit

http://playlistmag.com/reviews/2006/06/sondlinqsli/index.php

the Dice unit he is talking about in this review will become available in about 10 to 15 days with new microcode. right now Dice is not shiping to international/europe. members of german LOC are trying to get a unit for testing with the european model.

• 1 year later...

the Dice unit he is talking about in this review will become available in about 10 to 15 days with new microcode. right now Dice is not shiping to international/europe. members of german LOC are trying to get a unit for testing with the european model.

Guys, could you please advise out of the Sounlinq and Dice unit, which one provides superior sound quality? Also, has anyone heard of the POD RDS solution which is a bit like the Dice kit that plugs in to the aerial socket of the head unit? It is suppose to be Italian...

Guys, could you please advise out of the Sounlinq and Dice unit, which one provides superior sound quality? Also, has anyone heard of the POD RDS solution which is a bit like the Dice kit that plugs in to the aerial socket of the head unit? It is suppose to be Italian...

Sound quality with the soundlinq from vaistech is excellent, no difference to the disc changer. A very important function of the soundliq is the USB microcode update. If you change over to a new iPod or do an iPod microcode update, sometimes you will experience an incompatibility between the old soundlinq and the new/updated iPod. With the USB microcode update you can easily upload the latest microcode revision to your soundlinq device and your system works as it is supposed to again. The new microcode will be send to you via e-mail from vaistech. You then connect your notebook via USB/iPod connector to your soundlinq and do the update.

Last information from a member of the german user forum is that the DICE unit is still not available for the European RX (this info is about 2 month old). So if you go for the DICE please make sure that your unit will work with your European RX model.

Lexus is selling an iPod interface as well. Maybe this is an alternative for you?

Sound quality with the soundlinq from vaistech is excellent, no difference to the disc changer. A very important function of the soundliq is the USB microcode update. If you change over to a new iPod or do an iPod microcode update, sometimes you will experience an incompatibility between the old soundlinq and the new/updated iPod. With the USB microcode update you can easily upload the latest microcode revision to your soundlinq device and your system works as it is supposed to again. The new microcode will be send to you via e-mail from vaistech. You then connect your notebook via USB/iPod connector to your soundlinq and do the update.

Last information from a member of the german user forum is that the DICE unit is still not available for the European RX (this info is about 2 month old). So if you go for the DICE please make sure that your unit will work with your European RX model.

Lexus is selling an iPod interface as well. Maybe this is an alternative for you?

Thanks williz!

So would you say that the SOUNDLINQ is the best solution out there? Also, there are a few Dice kits available on ipodcardirect.co.uk but I dont know if they are the US or UK spec.

The Lexus interface, I'm told by Lexus is not compatible with my 04 RX300 SEL (Whats the point of the interface then???)

Also, could you please advise how can I have a hardwired Bluetooth car kit installed in the RX300? There seems to be a massive problem with regards to a compatible harness!

Thanks williz!

So would you say that the SOUNDLINQ is the best solution out there? Also, there are a few Dice kits available on ipodcardirect.co.uk but I dont know if they are the US or UK spec.

The Lexus interface, I'm told by Lexus is not compatible with my 04 RX300 SEL (Whats the point of the interface then???)

Also, could you please advise how can I have a hardwired Bluetooth car kit installed in the RX300? There seems to be a massive problem with regards to a compatible harness!

Well, I can not say which one is the best because I have only vaistech SLI experience.

The DICE would be great if it would work in the European RX model.

So if the Lexus Adapter is not working in your car, your only choice is in fact the SoundLinQ from vaistech and it works very well!

I do not really understand why you would like to get a Bluetooth harness system. Would it be for charging the handset or do you like the aerial/antenna connection for better reception?

There was (or is) a “Lexus Bluetooth Complementary Kit”. Question is if you will get a cradle for your Handy, most likely not I suppose.

If I would be you I would call up this guys http://soarer.tv/ , they should be able to answer your questions, looks that they have the experience and knowledge you will need.

Hi all, after a major head-on collision with a landrover in our Lexus RX300 (not our fault!) we're now the proud owners of a RX400h (we walked out of the last one with almost no injuries, so why not...) I'd like to get one of these Soundlink iPod interfaces to complement the great stereo (Mark Levinson) in this car, can anyone advise where to buy this unit (probably the Sli model, do we order direct from Vaistech?) and how to get it fitted professionally (will any car audio place do?). I have the instructions from williz (I think, downloaded last year when we got the RX300) but would rather not do it myself!

Many thanks,

Durwin

Thanks williz!

Well, I can not say which one is the best because I have only vaistech SLI experience.

The DICE would be great if it would work in the European RX model.

So if the Lexus Adapter is not working in your car, your only choice is in fact the SoundLinQ from vaistech and it works very well!

I do not really understand why you would like to get a Bluetooth harness system. Would it be for charging the handset or do you like the aerial/antenna connection for better reception?

There was (or is) a “Lexus Bluetooth Complementary Kit”. Question is if you will get a cradle for your Handy, most likely not I suppose.

If I would be you I would call up this guys http://soarer.tv/ , they should be able to answer your questions, looks that they have the experience and knowledge you will need.

Thanks again mate! The reason I need the harness is so I can have the Bluetooth carkit hardwired in to the car audio system so the system mutes itself when there's a call. No I will not be using a cradle or charging my handset with the car kit.

I know about soarer tv guys but the problem is that they are atleast 200 miles from where I am!

Thanks again mate! Cheers!

• 1 year later...

regrds

willz

Hi - I just bought the SoundlinQ SLI system - and am interested to see the guide that you have produced. Is there somewhere to download it - or can you email it to me please?

Thanks

Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links