Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Satnav Wiring Details For Dvd Playback

Hi,

I think it's possible to connect up the factory satnav screen to another video source such as the comp video output from a standalone DVD player. Does anyone know where I can get wiring details. I believe it's as simple as 3 wires.

Thanks

• 9 months later...
Hi,

I think it's possible to connect up the factory satnav screen to another video source such as the comp video output from a standalone DVD player. Does anyone know where I can get wiring details. I believe it's as simple as 3 wires.

Thanks

hi, i have just bought an rx300 se-l and have the lexus dvd player and rear screens, i am in the process of trying to achieve the same, there are companies out there that can supply the kit but i am trying to prices and whether or not it will work on uk cars as most of the sites are american, i want to watch dvds on front screen and have the sound through the stereo when i do this, an fm modulator will prob be needed to do this, you will also need to be or kow someone who is a bit techy will car hifi stuff

• 1 month later...

I own the RX 2001 version and I fitted to the nav screen an external rgb converter to watch external video and rear view camera.

You need to convert the video signal into rgb, thats the reason for the converter. Lexus screens are NTSC, so video input must be NTSC also.

It is easy to fit if you have navigation system (CPU) and you don't mind to cut some wires. If you don't have the CPU even with the nav screen (It was my case), it is not possible as the system will never recognize the video signal input. The CPU sends a specific signal to the screen to activate the input.

So in my case first I had to find a nav CPU (I bougth a US one in eBay and does not work with EU maps), make all the wiring installation (time consuming and a little complicate mission...) and after fit the converter kit.

Please note that if your car has the nav screen and buttoms but did not came from factory with the CPU on the trunk, it is 90% sure that youdo not have the wiring. If you want to do the OEM wiring installation, better forget it. Just the wires are 1.900 € plus installation...

Now I have my RX with the Ipod interface to control the unit with my OEM stereo (Perfect sound and match), and I can watch&listen to video Ipod while driving! Nice and very dangerous, I should mention. BUt also very confortable to wait for my wife whe she is shopping!

If you need help, don't hesitate to ask.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links