Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Climate Control Is 250 Se-l

tff

I have recently purchased a new IS 250 SE-L with multimedia having previously owned 3 LS 400/430's--yes it is different. I am however quite familiar with the controls. With previous vehicles which seem to operate in the same way if Auto climate control was set then the settings would be held next time the vehicle was started. With the IS if it has been stood for any length of time, ie overnight the Auto defaults and the temp sets at 22 degrees. The switch for heating the front screen also flashes for 30 seconds or so. After this the Auto can be reset. It has been tested by Lexus who say that it is not showing a fault. The handbook gives no guidance. Has anyone else experienced this or is it a case of "they all do that Sir" ?

Welcome to the club,

my SE with MM holds the temperetaure OK, even after 10 days without a start.

The SE-L could have a different "thingy" connected to the memory seating, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was some trick that the memory function hasn't quite dealt with fully.

Have you tried to set the memory seats to a different setting by resetting them first? It's possible that it holds all settings for the driver against a registered memory setting for the seats, steering and mirrors etc, and also includes the Climate control.

Go on, have another play (you know you want to ;))

It sounds like a fault to me, but I claim no great expertise. My IS 250 SE-L is just over a month old and doesn't do any of those things.

It holds the temperature settings even when it is unused for several days and I have never seen the front screen heater switch flash.

When re-setting the ECU or disconnecting the Battery from my GS, the HVAC resets to 22 degrees, regardless of what temp was set prior to reset. (22degrees must be a Lexus reset default)

It sounds like your system is resetting itself after a certain time period, definitely a fault to me!

Yes, it's a fault. I had EXACTLY the same problem, but also that it would always start up in air intake mode rather than recirculate.

All this first happened when the car was about 5 days old. It stopped 6 weeks later, a couple of days before the car went back into the garage for a fix along with the mandatory rattle fix (which was made worse!).

They couldn't find any faults in the logs and said the flashing FRONT switch just indicated a general fault with the unit. They were convinced I must have pressed and held some button combination to force a reset of the A/C unit which cured the fault. I hadn't done this.

One suggestion is to check if the cabin air filter (behind the glove box) is securely fitted. Perhaps remove it and re-insert it.

Let me know how you get on. I haven't seen anybody else report this problem here other than me.

Yes, it's a fault. I had EXACTLY the same problem, but also that it would always start up in air intake mode rather than recirculate.

All this first happened when the car was about 5 days old. It stopped 6 weeks later, a couple of days before the car went back into the garage for a fix along with the mandatory rattle fix (which was made worse!).

They couldn't find any faults in the logs and said the flashing FRONT switch just indicated a general fault with the unit. They were convinced I must have pressed and held some button combination to force a reset of the A/C unit which cured the fault. I hadn't done this.

One suggestion is to check if the cabin air filter (behind the glove box) is securely fitted. Perhaps remove it and re-insert it.

Let me know how you get on. I haven't seen anybody else report this problem here other than me.

Thanks for your help. I reset the seat memory and the A/C and Air intake are now holding their settings. It may be coincidence but I will keep my fingers crossed.

Thanks for your help. I reset the seat memory and the A/C and Air intake are now holding their settings. It may be coincidence but I will keep my fingers crossed.

That's interesting - thanks for the info. When this possibility was commended on earlier in the thread, I went carefully through the manual looking for mention of any such connection, but could not find anything.

Same here. There is nothing in the manual which gives any clue about the flashing front screen switch. There is no obvious connection between the memory settings and the A/C. Its not something that I have experienced on any of my previous 400/430 which seem to use the same system. If the problem occurs again I will book it in and report on the outcome.

Thanks again for your help.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links