Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Tyres

wacko

Hi guys

Having bought a nice set of 17"LS400 DHP alloys off eBay to fit to my 1998 LS, I am left with the question of which tyres to fit to the new wheels?

My existing 16" wheels are fitted with Dunlop 225/60/16 D8z tyres.

the new wheels all need new tyres but were fitted with 245/50/17 Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico tyres.

I am not keen on going to such a low profile tyre on the LS so I was considering a 225/55/17 tyre which gives almost the same circumference as the existing 225/60/16 tyre.

Tyres on the shortlist include, in no order of preference.

Yokohama AVS dB

Bridgestone Turanza ER300

Pirelli P6

Michelin Pilot PRIMACY

Dunlop SP SPORT 01

If anyone has fitted one of these tyres to an LS or could recommend a different make or model I would welcome your comments.

Regards

Im trying to change from 235/45/17 (Which I hate bumpy as hell) to a 225/55/17 a more of a standard tyre, on my GS300 SE 2002

Now Ive just been told that low profile wheel rims are not the same as standard wheel rims and I cant do it, and must change to a 16" wheel for standard tyres. :duh:

I was talking to a Saab guy he has 17" wheels with Falken 225/45/17 and says they are very smooth and soft as standard tyres. emm can this be true ???

Hi guys

Having bought a nice set of 17"LS400 DHP alloys off ebay to fit to my 1998 LS, I am left with the question of which tyres to fit to the new wheels?

the new wheels all need new tyres but were fitted with 245/50/17 Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico tyres.

I am not keen on going to such a low profile tyre on the LS so I was considering a 225/55/17 tyre which gives almost the same circumference as the existing 225/60/16 tyre.

Yokohama AVS dB

Pirelli P6

Michelin Pilot PRIMACY

Dunlop SP SPORT 01

If anyone has fitted one of these tyres to an LS or could recommend a different make or model I would welcome your comments.

Regards

Hi - I'm now on my second set of Vredesteins, great in all weathers and wear well. I got 30k on the first set and am now up to about 12k on the second set with no appreciable wear.

That being said - I'm old, so my days of ear'oling around are long gone, but they do last.... - and occasionally I do corner a little faster than maybe I should!

Never had a problem

Dave

Ive just heard from my biggest local tyre shop and they said I cannot change the tyre size on my rims,

I must go to 16" for a better ride.

Does anyone have 5 x 16" wheels for a GS300 SE 2002 for sale ??? with or without tyres .

Hi guys

Having bought a nice set of 17"LS400 DHP alloys off ebay to fit to my 1998 LS, I am left with the question of which tyres to fit to the new wheels?

Yokohama AVS dB

Pirelli P6

Michelin Pilot PRIMACY

Dunlop SP SPORT 01

Regards

Hi - I'm now on my second set of Vredesteins, great in all weathers and wear well. I got 30k on the first set and am now up to about 12k on the second set with no appreciable wear.

That being said - I'm old, so my days of ear'oling around are long gone, but they do last.... - and occasionally I do corner a little faster than maybe I should!

Never had a problem

Dave

Hi Dave

Which model of verdestein are you using?

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend Yokohama AVS dB550. My LS400 is fitted with 225/60 R16 102W. Nice smooth quiet ride. Much better handling than the original equipment D8Z. Great wet and dry grip. First set lasted around 35,000 miles and (after a long wait due to a stockout at Yokohama UK) I purchased another set.

I have had P7 tyres previously on the LS400 which were so noisy I changed all 4 after just 5,000 miles. Also had Continental Premium Contact which lasted 35,000 miles a set but had poor dry grip (squealing around corners) and were forever going out of balance; I remember most of the wheels had upwards of 100g of lead balance weights.

I'll stick to Yoko in future.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links