Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Power Steering Stiff

sorted vti

i got a bit of an issue with my power steering.

it makes a bit of a sqeeling noise when u turn the steering on the spot. and its quite stiff aswell

always stiff when u first turn the car on.

checked the fluid and its fine!!

im stumped

pray it aint the valve just cost me £240

sounds like u if making sqeeling noise hopefully its just a loose belt get it tightened :)

mine too was doing the same, my car was serviced last week and i asked them to check it out. im not sure what they did but all is well now. i assume they tightend the belt, i forgot to ask when i picked the car up

fingers crossed it isnt that then.

yeah as i say its fine when ur driving, just when ur staitionary.

is it easy to tighten the belts? havent investigated fully of where all the bits are yet

Pretty straight forward to tighten, A bolt round the back needs loosening and I think one at at the front as well.

I thought I had a photo - but must be on home pc

(oddly I had to loosen mine to as loose as poss without slipping as it made a grinding noise when tight - as a result of a crash)

oh nice one. thats very kind of ya mate. yeah might have to pop up one lunch time if im about (normally out on the road, fitting signs somewhere) also want to check this in-car pc u was talking about. reckon i need to get one fitted to my car when i can afford it.

fingers crossed it isnt that then.

yeah as i say its fine when ur driving, just when ur staitionary.

is it easy to tighten the belts? havent investigated fully of where all the bits are yet

Pretty straight forward to tighten, A bolt round the back needs loosening and I think one at at the front as well.

I thought I had a photo - but must be on home pc

(oddly I had to loosen mine to as loose as poss without slipping as it made a grinding noise when tight - as a result of a crash)

I got a squeaky belt what did you use to pull the belt tight eg a bar or just your hands :duh:

• 2 months later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links