Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Baby Is Very Sick...

got my is200 se last september,y reg was 28k miles on the clock when i got it from lexus southamton.. now i am having some problems with her

first.. the EFI fuse is clicking when i turn off the engine,it's drainning the Battery,so every time i leave the car and drive the car,i need to take it off and put it on... :sick::sick:

2nd..the right front brake has some annoying clicking noise when i brake in a certain level,it's very very loud,went to lexus and they said because the brake pad has movements so thats normall :tsktsk: !! how the hell could it be normall?!?! sounds like if there isn't any noise thats not normall!! i am now thinking to get a pair of new brake disks and pads to see if can fix the noise..

finally,had upgrade the speakers and sound deaden,so the car is a lot more heavier than it was,any choices i can loose some weights apart from carbon bonnet???

thanks

chris :crying:

'The EFI fuse is clicking'? What do you mean by that? The only thing I can think is that the ignition barrel isn't disengaging the ignition when you turn the key off.

Brakes could be worn pads, loose wheelbolts (letting disk move about, though unlikely and highly dangerous!), but most likely it's retaining spring clips missing from the pads letting it move about more than normal.

For the weight, you could take the spare wheel out, or only run with 1/4 tank of fuel! Seriously, just how much sound deadening did you put in? Surely it can't be more than a passenger might weigh?

Mike

got my is200 se last september,y reg was 28k miles on the clock when i got it from lexus southamton.. now i am having some problems with her

first.. the EFI fuse is clicking when i turn off the engine,it's drainning the battery,so every time i leave the car and drive the car,i need to take it off and put it on... :sick::sick:

2nd..the right front brake has some annoying clicking noise when i brake in a certain level,it's very very loud,went to lexus and they said because the brake pad has movements so thats normall :tsktsk: !! how the hell could it be normall?!?! sounds like if there isn't any noise thats not normall!! i am now thinking to get a pair of new brake disks and pads to see if can fix the noise..

finally,had upgrade the speakers and sound deaden,so the car is a lot more heavier than it was,any choices i can loose some weights apart from carbon bonnet???

thanks

chris :crying:

hi my front brake pads make the same noise more so when braking in a corner if wheel bearings are ok wheel nuts are tight and pads are ok then you should be fine we have cars come in to the workshop with the same problem we fitted some lockheed pads to a car and noticed that the rubber anti squeal shim went round the end of the pad this would stop the noise

• 2 years later...

first.. the EFI fuse is clicking when i turn off the engine,it's drainning the battery,so every time i leave the car and drive the car,i need to take it off and put it on... :sick::sick:

My lex started to do this tonight. Its an annoying clicking sound as soon as you turn off the engine. whenever i remove the fuse it stops. tried swaping the fuse with others with the same part numbers (i had five relay fuse spares i picked up from a breaker lying around) and it still does it. it stops as soon as i put the key is in the ignition though, don't even need to turn to acc, on etc.

Does anyboby know what could be causing this?

The noise you are all getting from the front brakes is more than likely the spring retaining clips that hold the pads in the calliper housing are just very loose.(also happens when the pads surface get less )..all you need to do is take the pads out and the small metal retaining clips just need pulling out slightly and re adjusting so it holds the pads more firmly in the calliper....should take you about 10-20 mins each sides..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links