Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Car Sterio Went Out

I have 1994 lexus GS300 and my car stereo is not producing any more output to the speakers. It first started going in and out of for times, but now it doesn't work at all. The radio turns on and displays fine, but no output. I have a tape player only, it has a strong Antenna signal. Does anyone have info what I can do? Could it be my stock amp??

If you turn the unit to full volume, so you get any sound at all, any buzz etc??

If no - sounds like your amp may be dead - it'd be worth checking the fuses

It has no sound, no buzz, nothing. I remember about a year ago, one of the speaker crackeling, then about a month later, it went in and out. Now nothing. Do you know where it is or which fuse to check. I don't even know where to start. Thanks for the help

Have a look in your handbook - it'll tell you where your fuses are and how to check them.

There will probably be one or two fuses related to the amp.

don't have the handbook here, but I checked all of the fuses, they seem fine to best of my knowledge

• 3 weeks later...

1997 ES 300

My sound has also gone out on my radio/stereo. The lights are on, the change station buttons show the radio station changes, the CD player time shows as moving, etc.. Everything seems fine, but no volume.

No crackling or buzzing at highest setting either.

To further my problem, I have no owners manual when I bought it used three years ago. Therefore, I also don't know where the fusebox is for the radio.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Snowboard

Check the plugs on the amp.. give them a wiggle.. the amp should be under the passenger seat

I have ripped the whole complete stereo from my ES and Had it all rewired and bought a face plate and went for all aftermarket... better sound and easier to replace things if they go wrong.

pictures coming soon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links