Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Player Repair

Hello, has anyone sucessfully repaired a cd player? Mine is from a 99 is200 and has the usual ERR3 message. I removed the unit and took it apart, one of the trays had a little piece of plastic broken off it and stuck in the mechanism, I fitted a new tray from a broken radio I bought on E-bay. My question is does anyone know the correct positions for the different components before plugging in the radio. If i leave the cd rack thing at the top it tries to eject the cd but at the bottom it does nothing. If I move the laser mechanism to the top it moves everything around. Also it is still reading 6 discs in. I have spent about 2 hours on a dial up internet connection searching the forum but came up with nothing. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Hello, has anyone sucessfully repaired a cd player? Mine is from a 99 is200 and has the usual ERR3 message. I removed the unit and took it apart, one of the trays had a little piece of plastic broken off it and stuck in the mechanism, I fitted a new tray from a broken radio I bought on E-bay. My question is does anyone know the correct positions for the different components before plugging in the radio. If i leave the cd rack thing at the top it tries to eject the cd but at the bottom it does nothing. If I move the laser mechanism to the top it moves everything around. Also it is still reading 6 discs in. I have spent about 2 hours on a dial up internet connection searching the forum but came up with nothing. Any help would be great.

Thanks

I just took mine out and it was fine. the main thing was the long spring that joins one top side to the other in a loop around them all, took me ages to get that right but without seing it I'm gona struggle to help.

mine reader was between the 2nd from top and 3rd from top I just went through each cd when pluged in and it then realised there was no cd in there. it did think there was a few in there untill I did that.

I probably will end up fitting an aftermarket unit even though i'd prefer not to. My unit has four plug sockets in the back but the ones that are used have 10 pins and 6 pins, so that one listed won't work unfortunately, maybe yours would work Irlrs200? You're not near galway by any chance? Is it a lexus one or an altezza one? At the moment it's ejecting cd no 1 and loading it but wont move the reader, i thing maybe there's a damaged gear in the mechanism there are about nine of them in a line and some kind of "clutch" from what I can see. I was told it's normally a mechanical part thats broken and almost never electronical, anyway I'll try once more before I take a large hammer to it! :shutit:

I probably will end up fitting an aftermarket unit even though i'd prefer not to. My unit has four plug sockets in the back but the ones that are used have 10 pins and 6 pins, so that one listed won't work unfortunately, maybe yours would work Irlrs200? You're not near galway by any chance? Is it a lexus one or an altezza one? At the moment it's ejecting cd no 1 and loading it but wont move the reader, i thing maybe there's a damaged gear in the mechanism there are about nine of them in a line and some kind of "clutch" from what I can see. I was told it's normally a mechanical part thats broken and almost never electronical, anyway I'll try once more before I take a large hammer to it! :shutit:

Yep mines a 99 rs200 and its a bottom loading unit. So should be the same as yours. In Dublin im afraid! Why do you want to keep it? Just replace it with an aftermarket one. ten times better. Does your car have an external amplifier behind the glovebox? if so you wil need a special ISO connector, only place you can get it is on eBay and it costs 100 Euro

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links