Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Does Anybody Know What This Does?

Cougar

Hi Guys

A bit of a newie to this so please be patient.

A friend of mine has this ECU extension and it is meant to be for an IS200 supercharger - the question is; what does it actually do, where does it go and does he really need it.

I have a picture of it but dont know how to post sorry, might be able to send by email though

TTE Part No AM27936

Thanks

Cougar

I take it you're on about the black or silver piggyback module, basically it connects to the ECU and stops it cutting the fuel when it sees the boost I believe?

Does he haver a supercharger?

I take it you're on about the black or silver piggyback module, basically it connects to the ECU and stops it cutting the fuel when it sees the boost I believe?

Does he haver a supercharger?

Hi

Unfortunately he wrote the car off a few months back and it was too far gone to repair. The Insurance company took the car back along with the Supercharger still bolted to it. The ECU extension was was left in a box of spares he had when he bought the car and he didnt know where or what it did.

All I know is that it is the silver type box and is brand new and never been fitted. I dont even know if his car had one fitted anyway

Thanks for your quick reply

They're a few hundred quid if it's the silver one, may be worth putting it up for sale here, spare ones always come in handy :)

Sorry to hear that your friend wrote the car off, hope he is ok!

Guess it's possible that it's faulty thinking about it if it was in a box of spares, either that or he had the black one fitted and someone purchased this afterwards but never fitted it?!

Guess you can possibly tell by the state of the cabling?

They're a few hundred quid if it's the silver one, may be worth putting it up for sale here, spare ones always come in handy :)

Sorry to hear that your friend wrote the car off, hope he is ok!

Guess it's possible that it's faulty thinking about it if it was in a box of spares, either that or he had the black one fitted and someone purchased this afterwards but never fitted it?!

Guess you can possibly tell by the state of the cabling?

Hi Aidi

Thanks for all the info.

My friend was ok, he just slid down and along a ditch, nothing broken just his pride, :duh:

Ive just spoken to him on the phone, its definately spanking new and the loom is untouched. another bonus is he found a wad of paper with the fitting instructions on :D

If it is any good to anyone then I'll go gold and sell it for him here, otherwise he can put it on eBay and I will post link here

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links