Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls 400 Brake Judder

v8rick

hello guys , i feel sure ive seen this problem on here but i just cannot find it now , so here goes i have a 1990 ls400 in very nice order apart from an annoying brake judder similar to a warp disc, it seems ok when i first set off then once warm it then starts whenever i brake , be it gently or hard , the judder can range from very minor to quite violent , maybe best described as the abs kicking in although nothing is felt under the pedal , its just through the steering wheel , and even more wierd it does`nt happen all the time if anyone has experianced this i would be very happy to hear your veiws on it before i start to check disc run out ect , ect thanks. :winky:

Hi,

Its more than likely the front discs are slightly warmed.It doesnt take much to warp the discs on the mk1 LS because of there small size.It happened on my mk1 and id say i did really brake that hard.

Chips.

thanks mate i guess your more than likely right in what you say , does anyone know though without pulling them down if they are 25m/m or 28m/m thick discs on my model 1990 mk1 ls400 .

cheers rick.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links