Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls400 Wanders Over 50mph

nereus4951

my 1994 ls400 wanders over 50mph particuly on motorways in any lanes but the one that really does it most is the left lane where the truck drive on and the tarmac has a slight dip where the trucks go oover all the time, if i drive in that lane from 50 plus believe me it is very scary it feels like the car wanders off on it own and i dont feel safe to drive this car any more but it does it all the time in any lane, it feels like a crosswind to give you an example the car wants to go left and you have to compensate for it it or right

please does any 1 have any ideas to this please as i have a 8 year old and 1 year old kids in my car

thanks

steve

Have you had a full geometry check done on the car?

That may help you out with this one, also get the tyres checked to see what state they're in, it may be worth you getting a dealer to do you a visual safety report and then take it from there, but definitely also worth getting somewhere that will sort out the full geometry of the car as it may be that that's been knocked out at some point.

Have you had a full geometry check done on the car?

That may help you out with this one, also get the tyres checked to see what state they're in, it may be worth you getting a dealer to do you a visual safety report and then take it from there, but definitely also worth getting somewhere that will sort out the full geometry of the car as it may be that that's been knocked out at some point.

the front tyres are pirelli and the back tyres are a diffrent make called federal and there is more than 5mm tread left

i havent done a geometry done,please can you tell me what that is and what it involves etc....

thanks

Have you checked your tyre pressures?

yes all the trye pressures are 36 psi all round and all have at least 5mm tread left if not more

Best thing to do is try ringing the local tyre places to ask them if they can do a full geometry check on your car, including camber and toe settings.

The worst case scenario is take the car to the local Lexus dealer as they should also be able to check the settings of the car out :)

has it just started doing it suddenly or has it gradually got worse ?

For geometry you might want to consider 4 wheel laser tracking alignment. It costs between £60 and £120 depending on which garage you go. (Lexus charge around the £120 mark but im not sure).

Failing this it might be a suspension issue. While the car is up on the ramp it may also be worth have them check for worn shock aborber, broken coil spring, worn control arm, worn ball joint etc.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links