Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sensitive Alarm

Hia all.

I've got an LS400, which has the Lexus alarm fitted to it. However, it's waaaaay too sensitive. High winds, hailstones and even loud and/or heavy vans or trucks set the thing off.

Not good at 3am!! :blink:

I've checked the back of the alarm siren itself (where most alarm sensitivity screws are), but not this one.

Does anyone know, if there is such an adjustment screw on these things?

The alarm itself, is not the IR activation by the key, but a normal 'plip' alarm with a radio remote.

Any advice would be muchly appreciated.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

J4XXS,

My IS200 has a similiar problem of random alarm activations. I took it to Lexus who are after £180 to replace the interior movement sensor. They say it cannot be adjusted and must be replaced. Ouch!

The way I get around it till cash flow improves is to isolate the interior sensor part of the alarm - as you would if you left an animal in the car (during cool weather). My manual tells me how to do it.

Hope this helps

• 11 months later...
Hia all.

I've got an LS400, which has the Lexus alarm fitted to it. However, it's waaaaay too sensitive. High winds, hailstones and even loud and/or heavy vans or trucks set the thing off.

I've checked the back of the alarm siren itself (where most alarm sensitivity screws are), but not this one.

The alarm itself, is not the IR activation by the key, but a normal 'plip' alarm with a radio remote.

Jim

Hia all.

I've got an LS400, which has the Lexus alarm fitted to it. However, it's waaaaay too sensitive. High winds, hailstones and even loud and/or heavy vans or

trucks set the thing off.

Jim

Hello, Had same problem with my LS 400, all I had to do to solve the problem was to remove all metal objects from the centre storage box between the two front seats eg coins, keys etc. Had no problems after I did this.

Regards Roger

Hello, Had same problem with my LS 400, all I had to do to solve the problem was to remove all metal objects from the centre storage box between the two front seats eg coins, keys etc. Had no problems after I did this.

Regards Roger

J4XXS,

My IS200 has a similiar problem of random alarm activations. I took it to Lexus who are after £180 to replace the interior movement sensor. They say it cannot be adjusted and must be replaced. Ouch!

The way I get around it till cash flow improves is to isolate the interior sensor part of the alarm - as you would if you left an animal in the car (during cool weather). My manual tells me how to do it.

Hope this helps

There was once a guy on here claiming to be a lexus mechanic and he said there is an adjuster for the sensitivity underneath the centre console where the handbrake etc is, but looking in the workshop manual it doesnt mention anything about this.

this may sound strange but try to close all the air vents on the car then see what happens.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Re sdjusment of alarm.

On the GS300 1997 on the adjustment can be made from a control under the centre wood.

Prise up the wood starting at the seat heating end, you will then have to diconect the 2 or 3 switches by splitting thr connectors from the switch (snap locks are fitted so it fairly easy) remove the gear knob and lift the wood up.

Sitting in the drivers seat look to the top left of the now exposed internal area (You are looking for a small black box roughly 2" By 2") where it buts up to the armrest.

There is a small knob on the box, sometimes raised, sometimes recessed (Depending on unit fitted) with +/- markings. Now its up to you to try out settings - is less sensitive, hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links