Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Impressions

leddy

:) Ok Folks

It's 24hrs on after picking up my 6mth old Lexus IS220D Se-l (Argento Ice with Oakham Beige Leather, Sunroof and Multi Media ) First impressions?

The Good bits

1) Beautiful to drive amazing pick up (Eventually)(No Rattles YET!!)

2) Average MPG is reading 37.8 (Not bad at all I'm use to 26)

3) Gadget City don't know where to start, There are buttons for this and that everywhere

4) The ML Sound system is the best I've heard and that's comming from a TT with The BOSE sound sytem in it Truely amazing. :D

5)Sat Nav nice clear graphics (Not had chance to try it out Yet)

(As for the gearing well it is alittle strange getting use to but i don't find it a problem, why all the fuss about 6th gear i don't understand. Just let the car do it's thing and if it needs it . It will ask for it :yawn: )

The Not so Good

1)Slight wind Noise from the sunroof little annoying when there's no music On but with the ML system Blaring away who cares

2)The Nannying MULTI MEDIA is very frustrating it stops me when moving advancing my MP3 Playlist to choose what song I want on next if i do not want the songs that are on next to each other. (Does anyone know how to bypass this or have I just not got up to that bit in the manual??) The DVD loses it's positon when not being used and goes back to the beginning of the film menu when you return ( I understand it's proberbly because i change disc's when on the move to listen to music as the films not much good to me on the move)Just a pain getting back the part of the movie you were watching.

3)The boot lid is quite heavy to open

and well thats about it for now

All those out there in doubt what car to go for next this is one baby well worth investing in i'm hoping my opinion will not change over the next few years but 24hrs on this is deffo a SEXY LEXY.

(pictures to follow soon)

Have agood day all LEDDY

Congratulations.

I bought my 220d SE-L a few weeks ago, but it won't arrive till March.

I was really tempted by silver + the beige, but at the end of the day all the examples I saw had really bad carpets, and I didn't think I could keep it clean enough, so I went for the grey.

Can you tell me: Is there a sunglasses cabin behind the map lights?

Thanks

2)The Nannying MULTI MEDIA is very frustrating it stops me when moving advancing my MP3 Playlist to choose what song I want on next if i do not want the songs that are on next to each other. (Does anyone know how to bypass this or have I just not got up to that bit in the manual??) The DVD loses it's positon when not being used and goes back to the beginning of the film menu when you return ( I understand it's proberbly because i change disc's when on the move to listen to music as the films not much good to me on the move)Just a pain getting back the part of the movie you were watching.

Congratulations on the new car!

There's no easy way to bypass the menu lockout nanny (at least not without removing the centre console and snipping and joining wires).

When moving, I find it's fairly easy to navigate through my MP3s using the File/Tune dial on the left hand side. You can move through songs very quickly that way.

Congratulations.

I bought my 220d SE-L a few weeks ago, but it won't arrive till March.

I was really tempted by silver + the beige, but at the end of the day all the examples I saw had really bad carpets, and I didn't think I could keep it clean enough, so I went for the grey.

Can you tell me: Is there a sunglasses cabin behind the map lights?

Thanks

Hi Gareth

Unfortunatly my IS does not have a sunglasses cabin i've pressed and proded in that area to no avail. :angry: (maybe it's because there's a sunroof??) as for the beige interior you are right about the carpets mine are looking grubby now.

So I'm Ordering black mats as i've seen it on other Beige interiors and it match's quite well.

Cheers

Leddy

Hi Gareth

Unfortunatly my IS does not have a sunglasses cabin i've pressed and proded in that area to no avail. :angry: (maybe it's because there's a sunroof??) as for the beige interior you are right about the carpets mine are looking grubby now.

So I'm Ordering black Mats as i've seen it on other Beige interiors and it match's quite well.

I did think about the black mats.

I really don't want to see that now and think I've made a mistake, though!

I asked about the sunglasses holder because on another thread someone with an SE said he thought that it was a space for them in the SE-L, on assumption.

G

The sunglasses holder - a while back there was a thread on this.

The cubby behind the map lights has some electrical component there (cars with no roof) - if you do a search you may find a post on it. I also recall that you could get a sunglasses holder for the ashtray area, but can't quiet remember. One of the japanese dealers had it...

Leddy - Gearing - the car is so tall in it's gearing that it never actually asks for 6th at all...it's happy in 5th for a long time up the rev range...you'll see that when you try it...

At 70 in 5th, it sits at approx 2250RPM, ditto with my old 5 speed A4 TDi, and sixth drops it approx 1550 RPM, which is a big drop. There's little Turbo kick and the car labours, though it improves as she loosens...with miles that is!

Good luck and enjoy!

Congratulations - nice spec.

I got Oakham leather, but soon replaced the beige mats with black ones as they hide the muck. You're doing well at around 37mpg - how many miles on the clock?

I remember the sunglass holder for the ashtray area - i think it was $197 plus delivery. So funnily enough I decided against it.

Anyway best of luck with your new motor - I still look forward to getting in mine - even though I have a few rattles (I'm due for the dash out job, but that's a different story..)

Anyway best of luck with your new motor - I still look forward to getting in mine - even though I have a few rattles (I'm due for the dash out job, but that's a different story..)

How old is yours?

Mine's a year old now - the rattles became apparent in the cold weather.

Thanks for clearing up the issue about the sunglasses holder, folks!

On the issue of mats, Oakham Beige must be a recurring problem. Congrats to the Aberdeen dealership though - they throw in a set of heavy duty clear over mats from Halfords when I took delivery. Very helpful!

In the RX (Oakham Beige too!) we use black mats.... and it doesn't look just right...... :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links