Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Arghh! Wind!

On wednesday a sudden gust of wind caught my passenger by surprise and blew the door onto the car parked next to me. Bit annoying as its bent the edge of the door. :crybaby: Its not a big dent but considerably ugly so went to have an estimate at Lexus. However, they said it would cost about £500 cos both doors would need to be sprayed. He then gave me a number for a company called Dentwizard who could remove the dent for about £60-70 if I didn't mind ignoring the crack in the paintwork.

Sorry about the long explanation but my point is, has anyone used this company before (I've seen previous discussions similar to this), are they any good, and is there anyone else like this around London who does a good job.

Also, if someone could tell me how you guys put pictures in these posts, I'd be happy to put up pictures of the damage.

Hi Parthiban,

I haven't used DentWizard but I have used a similar service offered by a one man company operating near me.

When I first got my car it had been a little abused and had several dents, some quite deep. The paint was very dull, had swirl marks in it and loads of stone chips as well. :unsure:

I was amazed at the results when this man had finished. You will be really surprised at what they can do! He managed to get all the dents out, repaired the stone chips and coated the paint with a protective high gloss sealant.

Good luck with yours B)

Hi Parthiban. Hope you hung around to apologise to the owner of the other car. There is nothing worse than someone damaging your pride and joy and then running off. Something similar happened to me in a Southampton car park. Luckily the damage was only a small paint chip on the door fender trim, it wasn't dented. However, I was still f***** fumin :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: that the culprit had not left a note or hung around to apologise.

Thanks for all the replys. I'm in North London by the way and I use Lexus Edgware Road so anywhere round there is fine.

To Usually 007, so the guy you used was really good. Whereabouts was that? Are you in London? Was he expensive?

Finally to gooseman, yeah i would've hung around but that lucky, lucky person got no damage cos it hit his bump strip (it was its pointy surface that caused the dent in the door. But you're right about how annoying it is, my old car got keyed, dented, scraped, so i know all about it.

Hope i'll have better luck with the Lexus!! (even though it hasnt started well) :(

I have heard good things about DentWizard and similar, they have a website, www.dentwizard.com then click UK.

A friend who used to work for a car dealer (merc!!) has used the one local to them (Bromley) and he has always had good results.

I heard that if they didn't get the dent completely out, when they say they can, then you don't pay!

Good luck anyway, I have a small dent (self inflicted with a fence post!) on the corner of my rear wing. DentWizard should be coming Tues. to give a quote. Will let you know the cost.

Hi Parthiban,

The dent guy is in Salisbury, at least an hour from the outskirts of London, and the guy charged me £40 + Vat per panel for the dents and something like £75 +Vat for the stone chips (there were loads of them).

It was £50 +Vat for the paint protection and he even repaired two stone chips in the windscreen cheap :D although I later found out that Auoglass repair them for free on your insurance. :unsure:

Thanks guys for all the replys, I think I might give Dentwizard a call on Monday to see about charges. Yeah, Lexus Edgware Road said they use them to repair dents out of their used cars so I guess they must be good.

Salisbury's a bit far but his prices appear to be quite good so I think I'll check with Dentwizard first and see what their prices are like.

Kev Dood, it'll be great if you could put up the price for you're repair when you have it done, it'll give me something to compare to. Also, please could you put up how well they do the job!

Thanks everyone

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links