Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anti Chip Paint ?

bigsul

Hi all,

the easy solution to stone chips is NOT TO DRIVE SO BLOODY FAST!!!! :lol:

In all seriousness, i havnt a clue about this miracle paint either, but what I do know is that after i had the colour change done on mine, i had it TST coated. Now i can only go on what I have been told, and what is written in my guarantee, but i have a 5 year guarantee that i will not get any stone ships, or bird poop marks in the paint. TST is a teflon coating, which i think is pretty hard stuff. The down side is that it sets you back around 600 squids!!! and tkes 12 hours to do!!!

To keep it all shiny and looking wet, i use the Meguiars gold class range. expensive, but absolutley BRILLIANT!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Having found 3 stone chips on my 13 day old 200SE I also looked at the Lexus web site statement regarding anti chip paint, with this information in hand I went to my dealer in Leeds and explained the situation and showed them the statement. They could not beleive their eyes but did not shirk their responsibility.

I was immediately given a courtesy car and told that they would make a touch up on the damage, 2 chips were down to metal, and they would discuss with lexus GB.

The General Manager asked head office how they could make such a statement and the person at Lexus did not even know it was on the web site.

On my return I received a letter recording the damage and a Lexus logging number.

I was told that the touch up was a temporary repair and could I please monitor for further damage and they would be in touch once Lexus had decided what to do.

The dealer also commented that the paint appeared to be soft and not up to standard.

Lexus Leeds are upholding customer care, I just hope that Lexus GB can do the same.

I will keep you informed of the progress.

Just had a call from the GM at Leeds, he has had a reply from Lexus GB and they state that the anti chip paint that is refered to on the web site relates to the paint applied to the sills only, I commented that it did not mention that anywhere in the advertising and he agreed.

He has however had agreement from them to have my damage repaired by a Lexus approved body shop at Lexus expense, here comes the catch, Lexus will not guarantee the paintwork against stone chips thereafter.

Leeds have been excellent but I am not sure how good Lexus GB have been, may have to mull this over a few beers this weekend. <_<

Anybody any thoughts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just got back from a stint working away and will be straight on the phone to Lexus UK on Monday morning.

Leeds, could you give me a few details, name, dealership please. Perhaps the guy you spoke to at the dealer. Armed with this I'll have another crack at them.

Cheers ............ bs :ph34r:

:question: Hi Guy's

Is the item about anti chip paint still on the Lexus site? and if so where can I find it? I have a 5 week old SC and after only two weeks I had chips on the bonnet, my other car is 18 months old 27,000 miles and no more chips than my SC, could it be the Lexus paint quality is not upto the car quality.

I am starting to feel concerned.

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Agree with Tony Goose. The orange peel effect means they don't put it on the upper part of the car 'cos it doesn't look good. You'll find Mercs do the same thing which is why they have two-tone paint jobs too.

But even on the lower part of the car, you can't expect to crash through brick walls like Knight Rider and come through unscathed. I think it should be taken as chip resistant not chip proof.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links