Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What To Look For On New Car Delivery

Just ordered an IS200 Sport with Styling Kit for March '03 delivery in Platinum and wondered if you people could suggest:

1). what sort of problems to look for on delivery ( apart from obvious scratches, different colour panels etc )

2). what things have people had problems with once you start putting a few 1000 miles on the car

I know there are loads of other posts but it will take me an age to read them ( I will do but may take a while to get round to it )

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the club.

The simple answer is.....

None.

Just enjoy yor car when you get it. :)

The biggest problem you're going to face is answering the question from your wife or girlfriend.

"Why are those poeple looking at us?"

Then she says,

"Oh! no! They're looking at your car!" B)

No wife .... divorced ...

Already had the look thing ... with Smart Car for 2 years, now a 1971 Mustang Convertible as 2nd car .... but looking forward to some more when the Lexus arrives ... maybe find a girlfriend too :)

Hi Steve

as it is a brand new car, I would only expect you to check the usual stuff, just to make sure no damage has occurred in transit.

That said - I would be very surprised if it had.

Your salesman will go through all of this with when you get the car (and its in the manual), but the main thing to bear in mind is to allow the engine to run in properly.

Try not to go over 4k revs for the first 1200 miles - avoid hard / full throttle starts etc.

Give the engine and gearbox 3k miles to loosen up - although I certainly felt that mne was loosening up all the way to around 8 - 9k miles (and other members have agreed with me in the past when I've said that).

There are some problems which the IS can be prone to - but I'm not going to list them here.

I'm not going to bring you down worrying about things that might go wrong with your lovely new car.

Hopefully, they won't be a problem on your car, and you'll find out about them hanging around here!

I would strongly recommend that you join as a gold member - the discounts on servicing and insurance alone will more than cover the subscription.

Enjoy your car buddy - look forward to seeing you hanging out in these parts!

Cheers for that Mat, I have read a few things .... wheels, brakes, 2nd gear .... having had a car with loads of problems for the last two and a half years I have chosen Lexus for the reliability and rave reviews. Hopefully will live up to it.

Will look forward to some meets once she (?) arrives ... I am in West Midlands as my username suggests so will be up for your "Northern" ones !!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links