Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Reversing Cameralens Cleaning System

when driving my RX400h in heavy weather like rain or snow, after stopping and switching to reverse i normally see a grayish LCD screen instead of a clear picture from the video camera.

then i have to get out of the car (of coarse into the rain or snow) to clean the lens before i can drive my car backwards into my garage. this is normally the moment when i like to get my hands on somebody from lexus, responsible for the construction of this reversing camera.

after long discussions in the german speaking LOC we came up with an idea to get rid of this problem.

i have now implemented this idea and testing the installation (so far successfully) for about 6 weeks. of coarse the real test will be during wintertime.

if you like to see how it works have a look at this short video.

Camera cleaning system for the RX400h

when driving my RX400h in heavy weather like rain or snow, after stopping and switching to reverse i normally see a grayish LCD screen instead of a clear picture from the video camera.

then i have to get out of the car (of coarse into the rain or snow) to clean the lens before i can drive my car backwards into my garage. this is normally the moment when i like to get my hands on somebody from lexus, responsible for the construction of this reversing camera.

after long discussions in the german speaking LOC we came up with an idea to get rid of this problem.

i have now implemented this idea and testing the installation (so far successfully) for about 6 weeks. of coarse the real test will be during wintertime.

if you like to see how it works have a look at this short video.

Camera cleaning system for the RX400h

hi

I just put some water repellant on mine every so often, seems to work

cheers

the repellent is ok as long as it is pure water. if the water gets mixed with antifreeze/deice and street dirt or snow (this is of coarse not to often the case in the UK) then you get the milky screen i am talking about! may be it is more of a problem in the nordic country's and here in the mountains.

regards

willi

• 2 weeks later...

Great idea i want one, are you offering group install!!!!! :winky:

how much cars should be modified? should i fly in on monday next week?

no seriously, if somebody is really interested i will come up with a self install instruction (i did it already in german language, so i only have to make an english version).

and with that you can either do it yourself or go to your mechanic and let him do it. the cost of the material needed will be around 80,- EUR

so let me know if i should do the english version.

no seriously, if somebody is really interested i will come up with a self install instruction (i did it already in german language, so i only have to make an english version).

and with that you can either do it yourself or go to your mechanic and let him do it. the cost of the material needed will be around 80,- EUR

If you can do an English version it would be great.

Thanks

Thanks

will come soon! please give me a few days!

Thanks

will come soon! please give me a few days!

plese have a look here, scroll down and download

installation document

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links