Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still haven't found my suspect dodgy alarm bell thingy, as it unfortunately doesn't sound when activated.

I'm hoping only a wire/plug may have been disconnected following the lpg conversion or something, as the system seems to set/lock etc. Any body able to help me out?

P.S. I've had a look in my local Halfords for a Haynes manual, but couldn't find one. Does anybody know if there is one available? I prefer to do a lot of my own tinkering, with a bit of photographic guidance on the more fiddly bits.

Steve.

I sent an Email to haynes regarding the manual. They thanked me for my interest and then said they have no future plans to produce a manual for the first gen GS. As for your your alarm, I will set mine off and let you know exactly where the horn/siren is fitted. I know it works cos Mr Incey wincey {since been evicted for not paying rent} has set it off before today.

Im in the same boat as you. My car gets all its work done by myself. If wasn't for my GS being on the HPI register I would still be dreaming of owning one. Mechanically [is that spelt right?]its pretty much the same as a supra and haynes do an american manual for that. If you get stuck, give me a yell on here. I've had a lot of experience with Toyotas finest 6 and even more with Nissan sixes in both straight and vee configuration. However, if you ever [for some strange reason] want to know about Triumphs greatest vee engine i'll talk your leg off. :P

Steve.

The alarm horn on my car is fitted on the nearside inner wing just behind the suspension Turret. Its looks to neat to be an aftermarket fitting so I guess its the factory jobbie.

Thanks Paul,

sounds like it's not too far from that LPG control unit (on the piccy I sent you), so I'm hoping it's just got disconnected.

I'll try and have a shufty at it this week and keep you posted. Bit of a p*sser about the manual, as they've tended to be my 'fiddling-bible' over the years.

Must admit, Triumphs have never been my bag mate, but I could probably just about see myself chugging around in a big Stag, if there are still any around, when I slip gracefully into middle age! Hopefully my GS will just about be run-in then.

I'll drop you an e-mail next time I'm over the Pool way, and yiou can guide us over to your gaff. (might have a few of the bin-lids in tow though)

Cheers mate.

Steve J.

I had a problem with something in my car and was talking to a guy that came into my work who happened to be a A.A guy he kindly let me photo copy 3 pages out of his book which he told me was a sackable offence and that i should not shout about it.. whoops just blown that one then..lol its for the gs300 1993 onward headed component locations , giving details of where things are hiding and what fuse's are what, also where all the relays are hidden, if you pm me with addy i can photo copy them and send them to you if you like,

jac

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links