Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

60k Service

guji

hey guys, is200 is due its 60k service in oct-nov, last yr I took it to the local toyota dealership but I felt that they didnt really do that good a job. Just wanted information on whether a 60k service is a big one thats needed for the car. Also if any one has any rough ideas on cost, if I decide to take it to lexus themselves.

thanks.

Lexus recommends the timing belt to be changed at 60k, so while your at it, have the water pump and aux belts checked/changed if necessary too, theres a couple of options for spark plugs, either buy the Lexus ones that only have to be changed every 70k, or get cheaper Denso or NGK(?) ones that need changing more frequently

labour by lexus is expensive

I had all but the water pump and plugs done on mine, and paid a different garage to carry out the work, totalling just over £500

Take a trip to Stoke-on-Trent, namely Lexus Hanley. They undercut Cardiff by about £200 on my 60K service, worth the trip even when you take fuel into account!

I have just rung round the lexus garages round my area for my 60k service and got the following quotes:

Bolton - £575

Manchester - £574

Stockport - £570

Liverpool - £532.40

All the above will provide me with a brand new IS250 or IS220D for the day with a full tank of fuel. Liverpool also said, As my car is an 04 plate they will check the Timing Belt and if needs replacing they will get it replaced for free through Lexus as the timing belt shouldnt need replacing on this age of car.

Thats the prices I have got so far, going to ring round them again and get them to play against each other.

Are these prices any good though??

I have just rung round the lexus garages round my area for my 60k service and got the following quotes:

Bolton - £575

Manchester - £574

Stockport - £570

Liverpool - £532.40

All the above will provide me with a brand new IS250 or IS220D for the day with a full tank of fuel. Liverpool also said, As my car is an 04 plate they will check the Timing Belt and if needs replacing they will get it replaced for free through Lexus as the timing belt shouldnt need replacing on this age of car.

Thats the prices I have got so far, going to ring round them again and get them to play against each other.

Are these prices any good though??

Ring Lexus Hanley, they'll wipe the floor with those.

mines on 54,000 but I was just getting prices together as 60k wont be long off as my mileage per week can be 500 - 800 miles.

Might aswell get the prices sorted for when the time comes.

I want to keep a full lexus history with the car, so if it means paying a bit more then im not bothered.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links